Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Auto Ordnance OD Green Thompson

CGN Ultra frequent flyer capp325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by #1bcshooter View Post
    its a 12-5 not a 12-2 or 3
    Still, it's not the same as the modern day "Auto Ordnance". That company has multiple incarnations.

CGN Regular
    I don't suppose you could take that Thompson out of the safe and post a picture or two? That picture is just a tease.

Quote Originally Posted by passer544 View Post
    Why are these even prohib.... 🙄

Apparently the RCMP have watched too many re-runs of the movie Public Enemies. Night shift can be pretty boring during the cold winters in Ontario!.....

I believe John Dillinger used a Tommy Gun.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by uglydukwling View Post
    I wonder if someone could bring one of these up as they’re built on brand new semi auto receivers.

They already did that (in the '70s?) The 1927A1 was built on a newly designed semi-auto receiver and the manufacturer went to great pains to satisfy the ATF that no full-auto parts would fit. It looked kind of funny because it had a long (18"?) barrel to avoid the American short-barrelled-rifle rule. They even made a version for the Canadian market with a 19" barrel to make it non-restricted. They couldn't fool the Canadian government, though. They banned all Thompson "variants". They also specifically banned the 1927A1 by name. While they were at it, they also banned the .22 rimfire look-alike by name.

Presumably. the same thing is going to happen to all MP40, MG34, Soumi, and other look-alikes the next time they get around to making up a list of new prohibs. It's already in the process of happening to the M16 look-alike called the AR15.
    you worry way to much,LOL.the sky isn't falling,not sure if you noticed how many fun toys they've been letting in non-restricted in the last few years,they used the variant excuse for years,but seemed to have given up on that,if not,how would the Stag 10 or Mcabee's receiver sets get through.i mean these are an AR-15 minus the same fitment from upper to lower,then there's the Type 81,FX9,WC-180.all these could have easily been thrown in the restricted or prohib pool.but they didn't..a lot of these fears are unfounded,these are new times we live in,they can't do whatever they want anymore,public pressure is a real threat,and the anti-gun woosies are now a MINORITY,so i wouldn't worry about any ban,

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    All of us can vote bad law while few fight to have it changed.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mattthescreamer View Post
    I don't suppose you could take that Thompson out of the safe and post a picture or two? That picture is just a tease.
    Here you go .
    It's a mod 1927A1 .
    Since all I can legally do with it now is take it out of the safe & oiler up I like to change the look from time to time .
    Currently it's sporting the horizontal forearm & original Auto Ordinance 20 round mag (pinned to 5 )
    As in the other pic it has the vertical forearm & Auto Ordinance drum mag .
    Also have a bunch of WW2 surplus 30 rnd stick mags (all castrated to 5rnds )
    And of course what Thompson wouldn't enjoy the company of a 1942 Colt 1911A1 !
    Wile both are fully operational only the Colt with it's 8 rnd 45 ACP capacity gets to go to the range and perform .
    The Thompson which is 5 times larger & very heavy with it's 5 rnd 45 ACP neutered mag is just too dangerous to ever see the light of day

Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

looks like there is a new version coming out...found this on instagram

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Deckard's Avatar
    Barfyshyte new look.
    Listen, and understand. That Liberal is out there. It can’t be bargained with. It can’t be reasoned with. It doesn’t feel pity, or remorse- only fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until your guns are gone.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer #1bcshooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RL1 View Post
    looks like there is a new version coming out...found this on instagram

LOL
    That is just so wrong I don't know where to begin
    Pre-orders are horrible for everyone involved. They never go smooth. We will not be doing a pre-order to bankroll this project.

guess they are following Mossberg's lead??

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast