Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: True North Arms..lost parcels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nowarningshot's Avatar
    While it sounds like a shipping issue, its also poor customer service from True North.

The shipper has to apply for insurance. At the least, they could keep in contact. Its what 16 days, at which point, waiting a few days for it to show up has passed.

Can post tracking is poor lately. Couple of packages from Saskatchewan showed in transit, then nothing. Just showed up, once it was scanned as delivered, the tracking as it came to BC over 10 days showed up. That tracking was not there 1/2 hour earlier.
    A free society must outlaw harming innocent people to function, but when we seek to curtail what all of us can do, rather than holding each of us responsible for what we actually do, we give up on freedom itself.

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    Call your credit card company.
    Calling in a CC chargeback should really be your last resort. At least give them a chance to fix the issue on their end first.

I've had to call in my fair share of Canada Post complaints and its a slow process sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by nowarningshot View Post
    While it sounds like a shipping issue, its also poor customer service from True North.

The shipper has to apply for insurance. At the least, they could keep in contact. Its what 16 days, at which point, waiting a few days for it to show up has passed.

Can post tracking is poor lately. Couple of packages from Saskatchewan showed in transit, then nothing. Just showed up, once it was scanned as delivered, the tracking as it came to BC over 10 days showed up. That tracking was not there 1/2 hour earlier.
    You guys know it is Shot Show and they are off trying to make deals to secure new products. Impatience with customer service at this time is a bit harsh. CP is the likely culprit.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by savage112 View Post
    If that's the case, who is on the hook for the value of the lost package?
    Quote Originally Posted by sparky1972 View Post
    You are!! You bought something online from a vendor, you chose not to go to the store to pick it up, you also chose canada post to ship it to you.
    If you sent your friend to the store to pick it up for you and he doesn't give you the product or loses it, is that the stores problem? This is a canada post issue not the store
    Everyone is so entitled these days.
    Actually it's the merchant. Basically the credit card company takes the funds from the merchant and gives them back to you. You aren't even required to return defective merchandise. It is the stores' problem even if it's the courier at fault. They contracted the courier after all.

Everyone is so entitled these days.
    Has absolutely nothing to do with entitlement. You paid for a product that you didn't receive. Are you seriously suggesting consumers are just expected to eat it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rookiegun View Post
    Agree...CC will do nothing!
    Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    What the F are you smoking?
    No. What are you smoking? Not receiving a product you paid for is one of the main reasons for getting a chargeback. Obviously I'm not saying the OP should immediately go this route. But if in the end he doesn't receive what he paid for, he has every right to do so.

TNA is awesome they will make it right if it truly is lost or gone.

Quote Originally Posted by savage112 View Post
    If that's the case, who is on the hook for the value of the lost package?
    I believe that there is a $100 insurance default that Canada Post pays if a package is lost (providing it is worth at least that). That's why it's a good idea to always request insurance to cover the value of the goods being shipped.

BANNED
    Canada Post sucks the big one.

Their online tracking isn't accurate at some employees probably don't scan items in or out. I've had items listed as "dropped off at the post office" arrive at my house with no status changes online.

There have even be a few incidents where the Canada Post drives parks out front and runs up to the house to drop off a missed delivery slip, but never knocks on the door or brings the parcel up. Lazy ####s.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    The gun industry is at SHOT Show this week. The TNA guys are great. It sucks this happened and the timing couldnt have been worse but give them a few days to dig out their inbox and I am sure they will make it right.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    If paid for with a credit card you can get a chargeback if you never received your product.
    Not exactly true. They ask the merchant, if the merchant has anything at all that says it was delivered even if it was not to the correct person then you are SOL
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------O

Reloaders just want their ammo to go bang, Handloaders want all their rounds through the same hole.

Adam

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by A&Shuntr View Post
    Not exactly true. They ask the merchant, if the merchant has anything at all that says it was delivered even if it was not to the correct person then you are SOL
    Except it is true. It might be a bit of a hassle dealing with their customer service. I've been buying online for years and the few times I've had to deal with chargebacks, there was only one time where the merchant tried to say it was delivered when it wasn't, and after an investigation by the credit card company, I got my chargeback.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast