Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: True North Arms..lost parcels?

Well as someone that worked for a bank for 12 years I can tell you that you are not correct. If the company fraudulently took your money and did not send anything then yes. If they can prove the item was shipped then you may be SOL ( for instance a waybill number receipt for shipping showing your address etc) The culprit here is Canada Post. If the company did it's job it's not at fault here. Some credit cards will carry insurance ( such as RBC Visa's) that will allow you to make a claim for the lost items but it has nothing to do with the company and you will be limited to how many times you can make a claim. If they sent you a tracking number it's pretty clear they shipped it. Likely the claim needs to be made by TNA as they were the customer but you should try Canada Post as well.

Quote Originally Posted by btabin View Post
    Except it is true. It might be a bit of a hassle dealing with their customer service. I've been buying online for years and the few times I've had to deal with chargebacks, there was only one time where the merchant tried to say it was delivered when it wasn't, and after an investigation by the credit card company, I got my chargeback.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    There have even be a few incidents where the Canada Post drives parks out front and runs up to the house to drop off a missed delivery slip, but never knocks on the door or brings the parcel up. Lazy ####s.
    Canpar did that to me a couple of months ago and I was home waiting for them at the time. No knock on the door, never rang the doorbell, nothing. And no I'm not deaf.

I heard a noise outside so I jumped up expecting it to be the delivery truck pulling up but when I got to the door and looked out it was actually the Canpar guy putting the hammer down to get out of there as fast as he could.

Ran outside waving my arms and he just looked at me while he drove away.

Turned back towards the house and that's when I saw the delivery notice stuck to the door with "customer not home, please arrange to pick parcel up at facility" written on it.

Needless to say I had to drive the next day to pick it up. Almost an hour away from me too.

If anyone thinks Canada Post is bad the rest of the companies are just as bad. Delivery services are crap these days.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by hamermill View Post
    Call your credit card company.
    2 days and something -may- have gone amiss with the shipping company? CHARGEBACK!

Folks at the customer service desk know you by face and name, don't they?

Credit card chargebacks like this, CC company will usually give stores like TNA 30 days, because they understand things go wrong sometimes. And it's ludicrous to IMMEDIATELY jump to a chargeback, since that's the last straw, not the go-to solution.

You can always get a refund from your credit card company if the situation warrants it. Paying for a product that you have not received in a reasonable time and where the supplier is not responding in a reasonable time is a reasonable cause for them to reverse the charge.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Canpar did that to me a couple of months ago and I was home waiting for them at the time. No knock on the door, never rang the doorbell, nothing. And no I'm not deaf.

I heard a noise outside so I jumped up expecting it to be the delivery truck pulling up but when I got to the door and looked out it was actually the Canpar guy putting the hammer down to get out of there as fast as he could.

Ran outside waving my arms and he just looked at me while he drove away.

Turned back towards the house and that's when I saw the delivery notice stuck to the door with "customer not home, please arrange to pick parcel up at facility" written on it.

Needless to say I had to drive the next day to pick it up. Almost an hour away from me too.

If anyone thinks Canada Post is bad the rest of the companies are just as bad. Delivery services are crap these days.
    CANPAR is the worst!

Not only do their delivery guys stink (for the most part) but so do their pickup locations (for the most part)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer struff55's Avatar
    If you have a tracking number showing it was shipped then the retailer has done there part after that it is between you and the courier. . Not likely the cc will refund anything . Put on your big boy shorts and deal with it . Some of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen are on gun nuts . I have worked in the firearm industry since 1977 and have shipped ten’s of thousand’s of parcels with Canada post not one problem . Even back in the day when we could ship guns back and for to the USA with nothing more than a stamp on the box no tracking numbers at that time . Sooner or later with purealotor. Lots of problems with ups, Canpar and other shipping company’s

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by struff55 View Post
    If you have a tracking number showing it was shipped then the retailer has done there part after that it is between you and the courier. . Not likely the cc will refund anything . Put on your big boy shorts and deal with it . Some of the most ridiculous comments I have ever seen are on gun nuts . I have worked in the firearm industry since 1977 and have shipped ten’s of thousand’s of parcels with Canada post not one problem . Even back in the day when we could ship guns back and for to the USA with nothing more than a stamp on the box no tracking numbers at that time . Sooner or later with purealotor. Lots of problems with ups, Canpar and other shipping company’s
    Actually with Canada Post, the responsibility to collect insurance for a lost package is that of the SHIPPER.

A damaged package can be declined by the receiver, and then again, responsibility goes back to shipper to file a complaint/claim with CP.

Sounds like the OP is being a huge f$icing a$$hole.

TNA sent you the tracking number. They did what they were supposed too, if CP loses the package it sucks but you have to wait.

The business get reimbursed through insurance, and they have to send you another one. It takes time.

Stop having a tantrum and trying to muddy they're good name because you cant keep your emotions in check.

Sound like my son how's 6 because have icecream before bed.

They're obviously at the shot show. Chri$t all mighty.
    I am proud supporter of the: Canadian Armed Forces, RCMP, Firefighters, Paramedics, Border Control
    Basically, if your put your life in danger to better this country, you have my respect.

I recently had a package the other month of some jam nuts that
    I ordered from TNA that stated it was delivered but couldn't be found anywhere. Emailed TNA they put in a ticket with Canada Post, Heard back not even 2 weeks later that Canada Post admitted the item was lost and TNA sent out replacements right away. They handled my situation great.

Canada Post sucks and i dont trust them at all. Issues a few years ago and all i got was bull$hit excuses.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast