Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: True North Arms..lost parcels?

While a CC chargeback is ultimately likely to win, it's the wrong tactic at this point. Let TNA deal with it. It's their reponsibility, and from all accounts they appear to be a quality supplier. No need to burn bridges on something like this.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer johNTO's Avatar
    I've never had a problem shipping or receiving goods using CanPost.

Whenever I'm receiving I always request delivery via CP(if its an option) and to drop it off at a CP location if no one is home. Lucky for me there's a CP retailer in the mall up the street.

I never have items left at the door in view of public temptation.

I sent a package via CP wednesday from Toronto (5pm after work) and it was "delivered" the next day at 10:15am in Bellville Ont.
    I guess the Delivery Gods have been good to me.....
    joi gin

Wait a few weeks, ive yet to ever actually lose anything gun related with Canada Post.

Best of luck
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

I ordered a set of dies from brownells and it sat in the post office lost for 2.5 months. All of a sudden I had a set of dies that I'd totally forgot about. It was like a mini Christmas. Canada post mis placed it when off loading the truck as it was a small parcel. It was one of those things that just fell through the cracks. Sou ds like that's what's going on here. It's in no way TNA's fault. They wouldnt ship out every one but your package in the last month and a half of buying insanity.

I deal with canpost all the time as a retailer, not firearm related. Thefts occur within their organization! Packages signed but never received by the owner, quebec is the worst! I even had one come to our store that was signed as delivered, it was left at the front door of the store. I raised crap with canpost, got a new deliver guy, but they rotate through staff or routes like crazy!

As a retailer we deal with canapost and eat the cost of the item. Their insurance is expensive and generally do not add the extra insurance so we bite the bullet and eat the costs and resend. It takes time to go through the process with canpost for investigation. Give us small retailers a break and we will work with the customer to resolve the issue.
    I provide Military Ross Rifle restorations, from reproduction stocks to parts.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer P0WERWAGON's Avatar
    millenials.....

CGN Ultra frequent flyer btabin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by manx07 View Post
    Well as someone that worked for a bank for 12 years I can tell you that you are not correct. If the company fraudulently took your money and did not send anything then yes. If they can prove the item was shipped then you may be SOL ( for instance a waybill number receipt for shipping showing your address etc) The culprit here is Canada Post. If the company did it's job it's not at fault here. Some credit cards will carry insurance ( such as RBC Visa's) that will allow you to make a claim for the lost items but it has nothing to do with the company and you will be limited to how many times you can make a claim. If they sent you a tracking number it's pretty clear they shipped it. Likely the claim needs to be made by TNA as they were the customer but you should try Canada Post as well.
    I'm still waiting for the part where you explain where I'm not correct? The point is not receiving a product you paid for is grounds for a chargeback. Obviously there's a bit more to it than that (such as an investigation), but the basic premise still stands.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendX View Post
    There have even be a few incidents where the Canada Post drives parks out front and runs up to the house to drop off a missed delivery slip, but never knocks on the door or brings the parcel up. Lazy ####s.
    Might be different where you live, but where I'm from there are two Canada Post trucks doing deliveries. One is for parcels and large packages, the other for regular mail. The parcel guy usually comes around first and if you're not home (or live in an apartment), he just takes your package back to the post office at the end of the day.

Then the next day, the regular mail guy comes along and drops off the delivery slip indicating where to pick up the package. No attempt at contact, just leaves the slip. Although you can typically pick up the package the previous day at the post office if they manage to scan it before they close.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    In this situation we open a service ticket with Canada post and usually this causes the parcel to be delivered. Parcels only get truly lost and gone in about ~1 out of 800 shipments.

In this case the parcel was declared lost so we are going to replace the items or refund. The customer has been contacted.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

I think you went above and beyond in my opinion TNA. Canada Post offers insurance to be purchased on a parcel and if the customer is unwilling to purchase it, at who's risk should that be? I send packages out all the time and ask if the buyer wants to purchase insurance. I send in good faith with tracking and once it's in Canada Post's hands, how can I possibly be held responsible for it's fate at that stage? Sorry, buyer's risk in my opinion. Entitleists...take responsibility for your decisions.
    Please support your local SPCA!

Quote Originally Posted by True North Arms Corp View Post
    In this situation we open a service ticket with Canada post and usually this causes the parcel to be delivered. Parcels only get truly lost and gone in about ~1 out of 800 shipments.

In this case the parcel was declared lost so we are going to replace the items or refund. The customer has been contacted.
    I figured you guys would reply. Honestly, the biggest reason I shop with you guys. YOU ACTUALLY REPLY!!! wow crazy! Keep up the good business practices!
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast