Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: True North Arms..lost parcels?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by W35 View Post
    I had spoken to Zach, TNA, over the phone recently, in regards to a Competition SLR build that I have made a fairly expensive purchase of parts for. He seems to be a patient, straight shooter and someone that has or will find a solution.

When I say that I truly hope everything will work out for everyone, I honestly mean it, as I know the feeling of excitement of a project and the mounting anticipation of receiving that email for when the shipment is on its way.

Good on you Zach for replying on a open forum, I know of other Canadian retailers/manufacturers that have either hid from public forums or have responded in a manner that has only hurt their business.

People like Zach is one of the major reasons my friends and I are returning customers of TNA...

Wesley
    This has been my experience also. No projects on the go at this time, but when the next one comes along; TNA will be getting repeat business from me.

Well Frank, as you have 6 posts , you are now a expert on mail delivery? it has a tacking number , so why are you blaming True north for this?
    Quote Originally Posted by 2017frank View Post
    I have ordered some small items in the past great customer service.. On December 28/2018 I ordered a AR15 carrying handle and another part. ..but it never left Ontario according to the tracking number. I emailed Zack and he admitted that several customers were in the same boat. He contacted Canada Post who in contacted me last Thursday Jan 17/2019.
    I replied immediately to them. I then contacted True North January 18 and again January 24/2019.
    Whats happening? Are you re sending? They may be at shot show or? Regardless I am waiting for the parcel or a refund. Generally they are prompt and efficient but I am not wasting time with this bull ####.

CGN Regular
    I also have a business on the forums here, but speaking as an individual and not as a business here's my experience with TNA currently.
    I'll preface this by saying I've put in orders with them in the past that have gone through without a hitch and I really hope my current situation is an anomaly.

Dec. 17 - I ordered a set of .308 headspace gauges for my STAG-10 build.
    Dec. 31 - They still hadn't shipped out so I sent TNA an email. It's a busy time of year so I really wasn't too bent out of shape about it.
    Jan. 3 - TNA replied that they were waiting on them to come in from the machine shop and they gave me in store credit for my shipping because they had to be backordered. Everything is great so far and while my STAG-10 build was complete, I was waiting on the gauges before I took it to the range.
    Jan. 18 - I get a shipping confirmation email.
    Jan. 21 - The tracking number says it's delivered to my mailbox. Unfortunately, when I go out to get the package it's not there. I have had this happen before where the mail carrier either inputs the wrong thing or just misdelivers it and the package shows up the next day so I wait and see if it shows up the next day.
    Jan. 22 - Again, nothing in my mailbox. I send an email to TNA asking them to initiate a claim with Canada Post.
    Jan. 23 - I check the mailbox again. Nothing. I send another email to TNA letting them know it still hasn't arrived.
    Jan. 26 - I know SHOT Show was that week so I email them on Saturday reminding them I still need some assistance on this. I also call in, but get their busy message.
    Jan. 28 - Maybe they don't check emails on weekends either, so I call a few times throughout the day and don't reach anyone. I saw this thread, and that they posted a reply here. Great, I should be getting a reply to my emails soon too, right?
    Jan. 29 - I call in, email, and send a PM on CGN. Nothing.
    Jan. 30 - I can see that TNA has been online here, and posting in this thread. My PM and all of my emails remain unanswered. I call in a bunch of times, no answer. I send another PM and another email. I also call Canada Post to see if they can do anything, but as I expected only the sender can initiate a claim.

TL;DR I have called in over 10 times, sent 5 emails and 2 private messages over the course of 8 days and have not gotten a response from TNA about Canada Post misdelivering my parcel.

There is a limited window of time for them to make a claim before Canada Post absolves themselves of responsibility in cases like this, and the CSR from Canada Post told me that it should really have been called in as soon as the parcel was discovered to not actually be delivered.
    Last edited by Grapeshot; 01-30-2019 at 01:27 PM.

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grapeshot View Post
    I also have a business on the forums here, but speaking as an individual and not as a business here's my experience with TNA currently.
    I'll preface this by saying I've put in orders with them in the past that have gone through without a hitch and I really hope my current situation is an anomaly.

Dec. 17 - I ordered a set of .308 headspace gauges for my STAG-10 build.
    Dec. 31 - They still hadn't shipped out so I sent TNA an email. It's a busy time of year so I really wasn't too bent out of shape about it.
    Jan. 3 - TNA replied that they were waiting on them to come in from the machine shop and they gave me in store credit for my shipping because they had to be backordered. Everything is great so far and while my STAG-10 build was complete, I was waiting on the gauges before I took it to the range.
    Jan. 18 - I get a shipping confirmation email.
    Jan. 21 - The tracking number says it's delivered to my mailbox. Unfortunately, when I go out to get the package it's not there. I have had this happen before where the mail carrier either inputs the wrong thing or just misdelivers it and the package shows up the next day so I wait and see if it shows up the next day.
    Jan. 22 - Again, nothing in my mailbox. I send an email to TNA asking them to initiate a claim with Canada Post.
    Jan. 23 - I check the mailbox again. Nothing. I send another email to TNA letting them know it still hasn't arrived.
    Jan. 26 - I know SHOT Show was that week so I email them on Saturday reminding them I still need some assistance on this. I also call in, but get their busy message.
    Jan. 28 - Maybe they don't check emails on weekends either, so I call a few times throughout the day and don't reach anyone. I saw this thread, and that they posted a reply here. Great, I should be getting a reply to my emails soon too, right?
    Jan. 29 - I call in, email, and send a PM on CGN. Nothing.
    Jan. 30 - I can see that TNA has been online here, and posting in this thread. My PM and all of my emails remain unanswered. I call in a bunch of times, no answer. I send another PM and another email. I also call Canada Post to see if they can do anything, but as I expected only the sender can initiate a claim.

TL;DR I have called in over 10 times, sent 5 emails and 2 private messages over the course of 8 days and have not gotten a response from TNA about Canada Post misdelivering my parcel.

There is a limited window of time for them to make a claim before Canada Post absolves themselves of responsibility in cases like this, and the CSR from Canada Post told me that it should really have been called in as soon as the parcel was discovered to not actually be delivered.
    I'm sorry to read what has happened, I would be quite frustrated in your position.
    indeed last week we were at SHOT show and then Sunday thru this morning we moved the whole business to a new building so we are behind on many emails, CGN messages, and voicemails.
    I've replied to your email with an offer to resolve this quickly
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Business Member True North Arms Corp's Avatar
    Locking this thread as the original topic has been resolved. New threads are welcome.
    True North Arms Corp.
    Website truenortharms.com
    Email info@truenortharms.com
    Instagram truenortharms

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567