Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Maple Ridge Armoury Match Nitride 5R 18.6" 308 barrel issues.

Maple Ridge Armoury Match Nitride 5R 18.6" 308 barrel issues.

Just wondering if anyone with the Nitride 5R barrel are having issues with the alinement pin on the extension coming loose and the plating on the face of the extension starting to peal off?
    Is it common for the plating to come off like that, and when I try to tighten the barrel the pin tilts and the barrel moves, I had it installed already but had to remove it to install a new handguard and
    now the pin is loose. I have about a 150 rounds through it so far.

Quote Originally Posted by ryushi View Post
    Just wondering if anyone with the Nitride 5R barrel are having issues with the alinement pin on the extension coming loose and the plating on the face of the extension starting to peal off?
    Is it common for the plating to come off like that, and when I try to tighten the barrel the pin tilts and the barrel moves, I had it installed already but had to remove it to install a new handguard and
    now the pin is loose. I have about a 150 rounds through it so far.
    Looks like a faulty extension. The chipping looks like it could have been caused by the lug moving. Is there any noticable bumps on the outside of the extension? It could have not been heat treated right. I dont know though

I don't really see any bumps on the outside, just a bit on that bottom lug on the extension.

So I was looking at my upper receiver last night and found deformation on the alinement indent, I'm guessing the loose alinement pin caused it from tilting back and forth.

Contact the good folks at Maple Ridge. I’m sure they’ll have a solution for you.

Keep us posted about this. MRA is getting a lot of bad press lately... Seems like they need to step up their QA on the barrels.

I got one of these in fluted SPR profile but have not mounted it yet. The gas port and extension pin line up and test fitting looked fine. Many others seemed to be fine too so I'm hoping yours is just one of the bad ones (out of almost 4,000 barrels made , according to MRA) that slipped through...
    Last edited by Bonjour43ma; 01-27-2019 at 05:31 PM.

CGN Regular
    I have quite a number of AR and AR like rifles and none of them have any sort of plating on the barrel extension. And none of them have the tooling marks and jagged edges that your pictures shown so plainly. I would definately reach out to MRA and get them to correct this problem.
    I think I will wait a little longer before ordering a barrel from them for my next project. There have been just a few too many threads that guys are having issues with their barrels for me.

I have contacted them on the pin issue yesterday, then I noticed the pealing plate issue last night along with the deformation of my upper receiver. I did have a Faxon Big gunner but sold it before installation, I guess I should have kept it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ryushi View Post
    I have contacted them on the pin issue yesterday, then I noticed the pealing plate issue last night along with the deformation of my upper receiver. I did have a Faxon Big gunner but sold it before installation, I guess I should have kept it.
    Be interesting to see if they’re going to take responsibility for your upper.
    I guess we’ll see how well their Customer service is

So if j understand this correctly....the pin came loose and drop into the barrel more than it should have, and it somehow deformed the upper receiver cut out? I'm not quite understanding the problem...

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast