CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Ruger Presision Bolt Action Rimfire

  1. #1
    Northern Mod Boomer686's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    The Big Land
    Posts
    6,598

    Ruger Presision Bolt Action Rimfire

    Unfortunately the only pic I got of the series. The stocks are highly adjustable and should make for a good fit for just about every build.

    Name:  IMG_0160.jpg
Views: 803
Size:  55.1 KB
    Enjoying your freedom? Thank A Soldier !!!

    You say nobody needs an AR15? Well nobody needs a whiny little b*tch either yet here you are!

  2. #2
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Blackcats's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    North Bay . Ont
    Posts
    5,638
    Would like , have the 308 !

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Location
    Sw ON
    Posts
    75
    Would be a great rifle if Ruger gets their QC right.
    My friend has one, and the barrel is not concentric with hand guard, not even close. Not acceptable on a $600+ rimfire rifle.

  4. #4
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Onterrible
    Posts
    15,000
    A 22WMR might make it into my stable... but I'll have to hand pick it if QC really is an issue.
    CSSA Member

  5. #5
    Super GunNutz kevin g's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Hfx, Nova Scotia
    Posts
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinimon View Post
    A 22WMR might make it into my stable... but I'll have to hand pick it if QC really is an issue.
    Was considering one in 22LR...what QC issues are you speaking of Trin ??
    If you take your kids hunting, you Won't have to go hunting for your kids!!!!

    My wife...yes. My dog...maybe. My gun....NEVER !!!

  6. #6
    CGN Regular Ridersfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    778
    I think that .17hmr would be the most appropriate choice if precision was the goal from a rimfire.
    National Firearms Association Member NFA, Canadian Coalition For Firearms Rights Member CCFR, Canadian Shooting Sports Association Member CSSA,
    Saskatchewan Wildlife Federation Member SWF, Conservative Party of Canada Member CPC

  7. #7
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer .22LRGUY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    5,194
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin1095 View Post
    Would be a great rifle if Ruger gets their QC right.
    My friend has one, and the barrel is not concentric with hand guard, not even close. Not acceptable on a $600+ rimfire rifle.
    ^this. I was pretty stoked when these were originally launched, but you had to really dig to find positive reviews/comments on the accuracy/QC. If it was a 10/22-priced toy, I might have still had a go at one...but like Alvin1095, when you're in CZ territory price-wise, it better deliver CZ-level accuracy/build quality. Doesn't deliver on either.

    I still like the idea, still want one. A well-built copy in 22 or 17M2 (yeah....right), at 2/3 the cost...and out comes the credit card for me.
    Flush the TURD 2019

  8. #8
    GunNutz Canadiankeeper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,729
    Quote Originally Posted by .22LRGUY View Post
    ^this. I was pretty stoked when these were originally launched, but you had to really dig to find positive reviews/comments on the accuracy/QC. If it was a 10/22-priced toy, I might have still had a go at one...but like Alvin1095, when you're in CZ territory price-wise, it better deliver CZ-level accuracy/build quality. Doesn't deliver on either.

    I still like the idea, still want one. A well-built copy in 22 or 17M2 (yeah....right), at 2/3 the cost...and out comes the credit card for me.
    ^ this

    Id rather get acz or annie with a chassis if I wanted a trainer

  9. #9
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Onterrible
    Posts
    15,000
    Quote Originally Posted by kevin g View Post
    Was considering one in 22LR...what QC issues are you speaking of Trin ??
    Seen a few mixed reviews when google searching.
    CSSA Member

  10. #10
    Member ripper2812's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Rocking the Ridge
    Posts
    44
    Been looking for a precision .22 as well. after seeing a ton of reviews you just cant beat a cz 455 for the price.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •