Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Please Delete

CGN Ultra frequent flyer trebor2880's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PGXHC View Post
    Thanks for this, I was considering purchasing an SKS from them. I won't be.
    I never did have good luck buying used handguns from them. E.E.'s the place for me.

CGN Regular
    Well it's not an sks but....
    Last summer I order a bushmaster carbon 15 9mm from that sponsor.
    I called and spoke to Wes and was told it was new and a great rifle.
    When it came it was used made in 2006 according to bushmaster.

When I called and spoke to them they admitted it wasn't new.I Offered another price to keep it and was told to return the rifle for refund.
    Mistakes happen but in this case I asked all the right questions and still got burned. Something old with user marks passed off as new.
    In my case the vendor provided a return label and full refund but it was a mess and they lost me as a customer.
    NFA
    CCFR

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cement head's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by M1Garandfather View Post
    The SKS was $269.95...Haven't had a chance to call them yet , but there are no returns on "used" firearms...Of course I know it was a refurbished Mil-Surp , but if they are going to post a photo with the ad they should say something to the effect "similar to the one above"...It's poor business practice to use the same file photo for all their surplus SKS's without stating so , that was what I was upset about mostly.
    No point in returning it even if I could as I would end up paying the shipping cost three times if I was to take another one...Better to chalk it up to a lesson learned , yes I should have known better , but the file picture SKS they used sold me...Much better to buy one on the EE here when you can see what your getting...There's no fool like an old fool as the saying goes...

I'd make time to call them $269.95 is $269.95 out of your pocket. if it was me I'd be on the phone with them pronto . I'd call up and ask to speak to the manager. then tell him I bought this rifle off you in good faith . I was expecting it to be the one I saw on the net. the one that was advertised . and then tell him about the issues it has. if it was summer and I live in Ontario I'd be driving right to the shop . winter is another matter. travel time . tell the manager do me a favour I'll send you some photos of what's wrong with the rifle and then they can pay for postage to send the one you have back . then he can hand pick you one out of the bunch that they have in stock . strike while the Irons hot brother .

and if he's a moron then ask to speak to the owner.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone ranger's Avatar
    I use to deal with Century Fire Arms long before the Net. It was a catalog filled with pictures and ACCURATE condition of the fire arms ,. They had Grade A , as new grade b, may have light blemish, shooter grade, Poor, Fair condition, may be missing parts. And the price reflected the Condition. I bought alot of guns from them, and was never disappointed. You KNEW what you where buying.
    A victimless crime is a term used to refer to actions that have been ruled illegal but which are argued not to directly violate or threaten the rights of any other individual.

When one purchases a refurbished 70-year-old gun online, there are chances gun may not be in good shape... That being said one would expect the dealer to do a better job in describing the actual item...

If they don't have time to do that, maybe they should stop doing that...!!!

I agree that people should call the vendor first before coming up here to complain though...! Then they go ahead and share the experience, good or bad...

I personally find it easier to call and ask than to spend time making a new thread and asking random people for advice, but thats just me.
    Victory Formation

"Somebody get a gun and shoot it! Doesn't anybody have a gun?" Jaws 1975
    A society grows great when men plant trees in whose shade they know they shall never sit.

Common..you have time to post and reply but no time to call ?? Not very serious..if you wait two or three weeks..you will be here complaining they did not want to do nothing about your situation. If you have called them as soon ypu received your gun -it could have been resolved by now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I am sure he will,,,. There is a sponsor here on CGN, that describes their products quite well and use the fair/good/very good etc. Grading, I have always found them to be pretty much spot on with their grading, sometimes they err on the safe side and you get a nice surprise when the product is even better than described! That is why I have no problem purchasing new and used product from them, they get my business if they have what I want. lots of times I cruise their site to buy what I wasn't looking for! It is scary buying on line without being able to personally look at or touch the item, you are putting a lot of trust in the individual or company offering the item, when you find one that does the right thing, you stick with them, knowing you will be taken care of! It is even worth a little more money for that security!

" Those who hammer their swords into plowshares, will Plow for those who do not".

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sulisa's Avatar
    I'd get the credit company involved - tell them it was a bait/switch, and the one you got was in horrible condition. Try to get the card to refund your money. Then Epps will be more interested in having a conversation to try to avoid being out the rifle and shipping.

After contacting the customer directly, I have been advised that he has chosen to remove his thread and not to pursue the matter further. He has not provided me with any additional details about the transaction in question, therefore I cannot speak to the situation itself, nor to any resolution to this matter.

Let's chalk this up to an unfortunate circumstance and a misunderstanding and move on, shall we?
    Due to the current health situation, our store is closed to walk-in traffic. We are allowing pick-ups of pre-paid orders from our front door from 10.00 AM until 4.00 PM from Tuesdays through Sundays only.

Customers are advised to call ahead before attending our store to make certain their orders are ready for pick up.

Please ring the doorbell located there to summon our staff to assist you when you do arrive at our store.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345