Thread: License issued! Quick questions

License issued! Quick questions

1. I know the Barnes case, so just to make sure, stackons are considered safes? (No further lock needed on restricted)

2. Disregard

3. Are there any of you out there that play with the Beowulf 50 mags and disregard the RCMP and just follow what the law says instead? If so, where can I buy one pinned at 5? Or the 25/25 10/22.

4. Regarding the daily CPIC checks, do only violent/drug trafficking instances initiate a call from my CFO?

5. In my safety course the instructor told us to keep ammo somewhere that is well ventilated. Do any of you do that?

6. What if I’m coming back from the range with my restricted and I get a call from the girlfriend saying that she’s very sick and needs to be picked up? What happens to my “direct route”?

7. Disregard

8. How many LAR 15 magazines should I buy?
    Last edited by GivenRight; 01-30-2019 at 03:53 PM.

Take the course again with a competent instructor.
    :D STUPID is supposed to be fatal, but we spend countless resources to protect IDIOTS from being the cause of their own demise. Occasionally a ray of sunshine comes through an STUPID manages to do the job it was intended to do.

1) yes, by case law any metal locking contain is a "safe"
    2) yes, you can store loaded mags anywhere you want other than in or attached to the gun
    3) the law has not changed, the RCMP website is not the law
    4) depends
    5) no, if it was not printed in black and white in the course book the "instructor" was giving his opinion. Which holds as much weight as CGN or gun counter sales men. Trust by verify
    6) depends to many variables
    7) no clue
    8) all of them

Shawn

GunNutz
    ^2 "Take the course again with a competent instructor" re every question ... otherwise it sounds like trolling by Wendy's associates

did you take the course???? if you did take it again and this time don't fall asleep.

Quote Originally Posted by mg34 View Post
    did you take the course???? if you did take it again and this time don't fall asleep.
    No need to be a dickhead. Having a bad day?

CGN frequent flyer

Really no need to make new shooters feel unwelcome here. I think everyone agrees the course is somewhat of a joke and on an instructor-by-instructor basis different info can be given. The OP wanted info from knowledgable shooters. Responses like these deter newbies from asking questions, and getting involved.

CGN frequent flyer G-Man_Quagmire's Avatar
    If the laws weren't written so poorly, there wouldn't be so much confusion. People that have had their licenses for a long time are still unsure how some of the firearms laws work and are "interpreted".
    People should world proof their children instead of trying to child proof the world.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer colinjw's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by shawn View Post
    1) yes, by case law any metal locking contain is a "safe"
    2) yes, you can store loaded mags anywhere you want other than in or attached to the gun
    3) the law has not changed, the RCMP website is not the law
    4) depends
    5) no, if it was not printed in black and white in the course book the "instructor" was giving his opinion. Which holds as much weight as CGN or gun counter sales men. Trust by verify
    6) depends to many variables
    7) no clue
    8) all of them

Shawn

Sounds like reasonable answers to the questions.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by GivenRight View Post
    1. I know the Barnes case, so just to make sure, stackons are considered safes? (No further lock needed on restricted) 2. Disregard 3. Are there any of you out there that play with the Beowulf 50 mags and disregard the RCMP and just follow what the law says instead? If so, where can I buy one pinned at 5? Or the 25/25 10/22. 4. Regarding the daily CPIC checks, do only violent/drug trafficking instances initiate a call from my CFO? 5. In my safety course the instructor told us to keep ammo somewhere that is well ventilated. Do any of you do that? 6. What if I’m coming back from the range with my restricted and I get a call from the girlfriend saying that she’s very sick and needs to be picked up? What happens to my “direct route”? 7. Disregard 8. How many LAR 15 magazines should I buy?
    My comment:

Re. the "...keep ammo somewhere that is well ventilated...", the basis for the comment was compliance with the Explosives Act and Regulations. If you read the Explosives Act and the Regulations, you'll understand your 'small-arms ammunition' (including 'safety cartridge', primer, and powder) storage responsibilities. In Canada, a firearms owner must be functionally conversant with the Criminal Code and Regulations, the Firearms Act and Regulations, the Explosives Act and Regulations, and - at a minimum - the firearms owner's respective provincial wildlife/hunting acts(s) and regulations. Frankly, the CFSC is too short to be able to adequately cover all of the relevant acts and regulations that a responsible firearms owner must know. A fireams owner must take the responsibility to read, to study, and - as necessary - to reference these acts and regulations, just in order to be certain to remain in compliance; while membership in a firearms-rights advocacy organization (such as the NFA, or CSSA/CILA) will be helpful to toward that end, the bottom line is that - in Canada - a firearms owner must accept that responsibility.

Re. the "...direct route...", the basis for the comment was compliance with the Authorization To Transport Regulations (made pursuant to the Firearms Act). If you read the Authorization To Transport regulations, and you also read the text of your own ATTs, you'll understand your freedoms, your restrictions, and a process whereby you can obtain more freedoms (as necessary). In Canada, a firearms owner must be functionally conversant with the Criminal Code and Regulations, the Firearms Act and Regulations, the Explosives Act and Regulations, and - at a minimum - the firearms owner's respective provincial wildlife/hunting acts(s) and regulations. Frankly, the CFSC is too short to be able to adequately cover all of the relevant acts and regulations that a responsible firearms owner must know. A fireams owner must take the responsibility to read, to study, and - as necessary - to reference these acts and regulations, just in order to be certain to remain in compliance; while membership in a firearms-rights advocacy organization (such as the NFA, or CSSA/CILA) will be helpful to toward that end, the bottom line is that - in Canada - a firearms owner must accept that responsibility.

Criminal Code (R.S.C., 1985, c. C-46)
    <https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/C-46/>

Firearms Act (S.C. 1995, c. 39)
    <https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/F-11.6/>

Explosives Act (R.S.C., 1985, c. E-17)
    <https://laws-lois.justice.gc.ca/eng/acts/E-17/>
    Kyle Defoor talks about Mindset:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vPCqMo9TCg