Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW Recap & 10/10 CROSS MAG™ Update - January 2019

CGN Ultra frequent flyer cereal83's Avatar
    Thanks for the info. It's a good price!
    The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.

I prefer steel 10/30 pistol mags, but I recall shooting a match with coupled 10rd pistol mags and how much of an advantage it gave in reload time. I like that these mags come ready to be coupled, don't have a goofy coupler which may or may not fit, and the angle emulates a regular AR mag.

I'll be honest with you guys, I've thought these mags were gonna be vapourware for a long time, but it really looks like you're chugging along. Will look forward to buying a few when they hit market.

Saw the ar15.com YouTube interview. Looks good

Do please keep us posted once these go out to the distributors! Looking to get some before they sell out!

Will these lock into place on a closed bolt?

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Greazyjungle View Post
    Will these lock into place on a closed bolt?
    Affirmative. When fully loaded they insert and lock on a closed bolt. They have a reliable bolt hold open and drop freely, all of which can be clearly seen if you look closely in the mag dump videos above.
    Last edited by Cross Industries; 02-01-2019 at 11:34 PM.

How robust is the coupling? They appear to go together easily, however will they separate really I easily? What happens if they are ejected to the ground or if they are dropped strongly and the firearm twisted during reload? Will they uncouple at an inopportune time?

Following! Very interested in these

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by freedompro View Post
    How robust is the coupling? They appear to go together easily, however will they separate really I easily? What happens if they are ejected to the ground or if they are dropped strongly and the firearm twisted during reload? Will they uncouple at an inopportune time?
    There is a ramped design within the notches on each coupler. They are designed to go together easily, and require a lot more force when uncoupling. Force needs to be applied in a perfect linear, twisting motion, exactly at the joint for them to uncouple. Dropping / ejecting on the ground does not exert the needed directional motion to uncouple.

We’ve gotten good at uncoupling... thousands of times daily at Shot Show - we may make it look easy! We should have some out for third party review in the next month, I’d expect a few videos that will will review and detail the coupling feature.

CGN Regular
    Princing?