Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: SHOT SHOW Recap & 10/10 CROSS MAG™ Update - January 2019

Expired Business Member

SHOT SHOW Recap & 10/10 CROSS MAG™ Update - January 2019

Returning from shot show – it’s a great time for an update on where these pistol mags went, where things are heading, combined with how Shot Show went for us. Grab a beer, this is going to be a long one… this update is overdue!!!

As stated in other threads, production has been significantly delayed - however, the 10/10 CROSS MAGS™ are coming, soon. We are designers, machinists, and firearms enthusiasts first, and when this project started we were planning on outsourcing the injection moulding locally. After working with multiple shops, no one could provide us the service and a product that was of the quality we demanded. 1 piece injection moulding of curvatures, specifically this design, proved to be no easy task. The decision was made to invest (significantly) in the moulding machinery and skill required to bring the injection moulding in house where it could be given the proper control and execution required.

We can proudly say that 100% of this mag, and all of our future products, will be manufactured within 4 walls in Abbotsford, BC, Canada. From the design, R&D, machining of moulds, and now, injection moulding - we have full control of every aspect of production under one roof.

It is extremely important for us that all tools, materials, processes, and tolerances are dialed in from the get go - so that we can give full focus to building out the product line, instead of spending our time dealing with flaws, bad moulding, and other issues. With that to say, we are working on some final tolerances and moulding processes and are aiming for a release to distributors sometime in Q2 2019.

With final production and release approaching it was the perfect time to bring the 10/10 CROSS MAGS™ to Shot Show. We've been to Shot Show the last 4 years, and this is the first time we've exhibited. What a ride it was.

The response to the mags was unbelievable. When hands are on the product, the function, fit, feel, innovation, and quality of material speaks for itself. By far the best part of the show was connecting in person with members of this community, and from our social media followings, from all across the country. If any of you are reading this, please comment!

Retailers were all over these, we were featured in the "New Product Center", distributors were sourced, connections were made, and multiple demonstrations and interviews were filmed - we're excited for our feature on AR15.com (see following post) and Code of Arms.

We will be exhibiting at IWA in Germany (again), and will post more product updates when they are available. For current developments and content follow @crossindustries on Instagram.

Thanks for holding on!

Name:  IMG_0951.jpg
Views: 5038
Size:  87.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0954.jpg
Views: 5095
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  IMG_0958.jpg
Views: 5059
Size:  93.9 KB

Name:  IMG_1257.jpg
Views: 5100
Size:  66.7 KB

Name:  moment_photo_3969C050.jpg
Views: 5479
Size:  86.6 KB

Name:  IMG_0972.jpg
Views: 5051
Size:  89.6 KB

Last edited by Cross Industries; 01-31-2019 at 01:25 AM. Reason: Spelling

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Gatehouse's Avatar
    I would love to see a video of the mags in action.
    375 Ruger is the NEW KING of the .375's. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    I would love to see a video of the mags in action.
    Here’s an old one...

As you can see the mag is inserted fully loaded on a closed bolt, the bolt is held open, and the mag drops freely.
    Last edited by Cross Industries; 02-01-2019 at 11:45 PM. Reason: added description regarding mag function that came up in below comments.

Quote Originally Posted by Cross Industries View Post
    Here’s an old one...

that is such a nice ar pistol

Very nice, when do you think it will hit the market. I work in Firearms Retail and yes I'd want to sell/use it a.s.a.p.

Congratulations and continued success.
    Diversity is social poison.

BANNED
    I remember using these last summer :-)

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    I remember using these last summer :-)
    Now why’d you have to go and make everyone so jealous like that?! Nice picture!

Those were beta mags. We’ve made a couple tweaks and will get you production mags soon!

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DaSigntist View Post
    Very nice, when do you think it will hit the market. I work in Firearms Retail and yes I'd want to sell/use it a.s.a.p.
    Aiming for a Q2 2019 release to our distributors.

CGN Regular
    So what makes these NOT limited to 5 rounds? No mention of being designed for the LAR and even the vid shows use on a "rifle". Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, just looking for clarification.

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast