Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Remington model 7 ss HS

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by reliablegun View Post
    Hey guys!

Nick here from Reliable, I am a big fan of the Sevens. I have the SS HS on order in a few different calibers so reach out to me if you would like one.

I have personally have one in 7mm-08, a custom barreled one in 358(my favorite and go to rifle) and have just sent off another Seven action to International Barrels (IBI) because they have a 338 Federal reamer in bound. If you have any questions please let me know!
    a 7mm-08 and a 358win sounds like a near perfect combo for lightweight short action rifles! I've been lusting over a lightweight 7mm08 for a while now, but at ~$1500 for the Howa or Kimber hunter they're a bit out of my price range currently, just like this one will be for the time being at least... Savage makes a much cheaper lightweight thats been on sale at Cabelas for less than half that much but its only in 6.5CM and I'd really rather a 7mm...

This 7 SS is a slick looking rifle though!

"We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    I hear accuracy on that savage is hit or miss and mostly miss. The stock is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad 68 View Post
    I hear accuracy on that savage is hit or miss and mostly miss. The stock is terrible.
    I haven't heard anything about that particular model of savage lightweight one way or the other, but the older savage lightweights that it seems to be based on had good reports. The stock is what you would expect for the price, certainly no worse than the stocks on my Axis or Rem 783... The fact its based on the model 16 means getting a replacement stock shouldn't be too hard though. Even if you spent $800 on a stock you'd still be under the cost of the Howa's...
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer nomad 68's Avatar
    NS,Alberta and sometimes, points in between
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    I haven't heard anything about that particular model of savage lightweight one way or the other, but the older savage lightweights that it seems to be based on had good reports. The stock is what you would expect for the price, certainly no worse than the stocks on my Axis or Rem 783... The fact its based on the model 16 means getting a replacement stock shouldn't be too hard though. Even if you spent $800 on a stock you'd still be under the cost of the Howa's...
    They should have used the accustock or stuck with the wood stock from the original lightweight hunter. You can certainly do some stiffening work to it but that negates the weight savings of the rifle. Too bad wildcat wouldn't produce something.

Quote Originally Posted by nomad 68 View Post
    They should have used the accustock or stuck with the wood stock from the original lightweight hunter. You can certainly do some stiffening work to it but that negates the weight savings of the rifle. Too bad wildcat wouldn't produce something.
    Looks like it's not even on Cabelas website anymore... Interesting...

CGN frequent flyer
    Are there any larger framed / long armed fellas on here that shoot a Model Seven ? How do they fit you ? Is this Model Seven mainly for small statured fellas ,youths and women ?
    Thanks
    Leavenworth

CGN frequent flyer
    Just curious as to how a Model Seven fits medium to large framed fellas I’m 5’11 200 lbs ?
    Leavenworth

CGN frequent flyer
    Also does anyone know if the new HS Precision stock will be on other calibers of the Model Seven or only on the 6.5 Creedmoor stainless ?
    Thanks
    Leavenworth

Quote Originally Posted by Leavenworth View Post
    Also does anyone know if the new HS Precision stock will be on other calibers of the Model Seven or only on the 6.5 Creedmoor stainless ?
    Thanks
    Leavenworth

My understanding is Remington has the HS Precision stock on all the four available calibers in this Model Seven SS HS Precision platform.

CGN frequent flyer
    [QUOTE=Thunderhog;15792968]My understanding is Remington has the HS Precision stock on all the four available calibers in this Model Seven SS HS Precision platform.[/QUOTE
    Thanks for the information Thunderdog !
    Leavenworth

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast