CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Leofoto Products/Price List

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Your happy with the levelling head?
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Max Owner View Post
    Your happy with the levelling head?
    Leveling head is best way to go IMO.

Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    I believe that to be true in my limited research. In reading older posts on Snipers Hide the Leofoto is doing well.

One fella had a leg clamp break on him in a PRS match. Split in two while tightening. But most people are liking them. Price point is better than Really Right Stuff's stuff.

Thanx Solomonf8.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

CGN Regular
    I believe that to be true in my limited research. In reading older posts on Snipers Hide the Leofoto is doing well.

One fella had a leg clamp break on him in a PRS match. Split in two while tightening. But most people are liking them. Price point is better than Really Right Stuff's stuff.

Thanx Solomonf8.
    Yes, I read that post as well. Only time will tell I guess. They do have 10 yr warranty and worst case I can't see that part being very much to replace. I'v had it out hunting in -30C for long periods of time and multiple times at the range shooting my 20 lb precision rifle off of it. So far it's been great! Definitely not the lightest tripod out there but you will pay triple the cost for one that is. No worries!

The Leofoto LN-364 is an awesome tripod way more stable then the Manfrotto I was using. I've been running mine all winter and it doesn't seem to mind the cold the twist lock clamps lock in and out really smoothly. I went with the LB-60 leveling base and really like the setup. The only improvement I'd like to see is a bigger lever for the leveling base.
    [IMG][/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by CZ_Silhouetter View Post
    The Leofoto LN-364 is an awesome tripod way more stable then the Manfrotto I was using. I've been running mine all winter and it doesn't seem to mind the cold the twist lock clamps lock in and out really smoothly. I went with the LB-60 leveling base and really like the setup. The only improvement I'd like to see is a bigger lever for the leveling base.
    [/IMG]
    How do you find the twist lock vs a lever lock for the legs?

CGN Regular
    Twist locks are the way to go IMO.

According to camera gear reviews, twist locks are poor for dirty environments, salt water use. Lever locks do well.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

According to camera gear reviews, twist locks are poor for dirty environments, salt water use. Lever locks do well.
    My concern with lever locks is that they only tighten as much as the lever allows. Whereas a twist lock allows you to tighten as much as needed to prevent slipping. I also don't shoot from the ocean or swamps haha

CGN Regular
    Levers like those on the PRST are adjustable.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast