Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Rem 783 450 Bushmaster?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    Yeah but 125gr 30cal bullets have the same issue as the 450bm - poor sectional density and ballistics. At least the 6.5 grendel can shoot reasonable weights at reasonable speeds, and if you're going to compare the tsx then the 100gr 6.5 should be capable of getting up to 2800+ fps too.
    Grendel has less case capacity. 30AR is comparable to 300savage. There is 150gr loadings as well pushing similar speed
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

25% more capacity to be exact
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Hi theres a web site for 450 bushmaster called 450 bushmaster.net the other to look at is Michigan sportsman lots of good advice and info on the round I finally put mine together and will break in thye barrel and post reults

I have the ruger ranch in 450BM.

range is not an issue for me as I tend to shoot 100m or less. 200m would be a long shot with ability (until i get more practice)

with the ruger brake the recoil didn't feel any different than my friends 308 axis that we had out the same day

Also, I like short barreled rifles and the brake looks hella cool

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Grendel has less case capacity. 30AR is comparable to 300savage. There is 150gr loadings as well pushing similar speed
    So what you're saying is someone needs to neck down 30AR to 6.5mm, or 257cal just to be different? Lol
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    So what you're saying is someone needs to neck down 30AR to 6.5mm, or 257cal just to be different? Lol
    No, 30AR out performs the Grendel as is, I converted my ACR to 30AR a couple years ago and have shot a few deer with it. I like having the availability of factory ammo rather than being forced to reload every time I want to shoot.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234