Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GTA S Ontario M14 Clinic CDN Gunworkx Oshawa, Saturday 30 March 2019

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by just having some fun View Post
    Hey Barney

What is your Opinion on the usgi Flash hider with the small hole.

Do you have the reamer to bring it to NM specifications ?
    I won’t cut those USGI FS units any more. They are collectors items. Reamed to NM spec FS I it’s can be had for $40 USD from Brownells. They are made that way these days. We used to ream them put back in the 1980’s because there was no other option.

My reamer is getting dull these days and I use it primarily for teaching purposes!

One more sleep. Packing up the tools right now

Cheers, Barney

Business Member
    Home safely after a very long and sloppy sleety freezing rain night. All good now. Will unload the truck tomorrow. You guys learn a shztload or what??
    So grateful for my helpers Harrparra and Ceejay. Now you have their CGNutz names you can message them if there was some thing else you need to ask them.

What’s your take away from today?

Cheers, Barney

CGN Regular
    You can learn a ton from reading and youtube all you want, but nothing beats hands on with guys who have done it thousands of times.

Thanks guys.

Next class... headspacing, bolt disassembly, and bolt lapping.

Takeaways:
    1 - Both as a child and as an adult, even though both are fun, I prefer LEGO to Duplo.
    2 - I get to go to Princess Auto today.
    3 - I now possess a confidence that my dick won’t fall off that I never knew I was missing.

Thanks again guys!

Business Member
    U
    Quote Originally Posted by verminaard View Post
    You can learn a ton from reading and youtube all you want, but nothing beats hands on with guys who have done it thousands of times.

Thanks guys.

Next class... headspacing, bolt disassembly, and bolt lapping.

Takeaways:
    1 - Both as a child and as an adult, even though both are fun, I prefer LEGO to Duplo.
    2 - I get to go to Princess Auto today.
    3 - I now possess a confidence that my dick won’t fall off that I never knew I was missing.

Thanks again guys!
    Hahahahaha and you are also good at getting rid of that S2pid set screw on the right side of the receiver! Thanks for the feedback. What’s really cool about this arrangement with the CDN Gunworkx folks is that we can plan a year in advance because our relationship with this sponsor of mine goes back over 25 years in the ORA shooting Service Rifle Matches!

I have not unloaded my truck due to last nights snowstorm, yet. I should get around to it today.

I am blessed by having a super community around me and the M14 efforts! Having helpers like Harrpara and Ceejay sure helps the information flow....I’m free to run around and supervise! And everyone gets their questions answered. Differing opinions sure help, too. Often between these two helpers and myself, one may end up with three different “correct” answers. That’s a cool take away for me!

Okay time to hit the gym! Yoga class for my fzcked Up back!

Cheers, Barney

CGN Ultra frequent flyer just having some fun's Avatar
    Ceejay is now the expert on Norinco set set screw removal

easy... as I can turn it out with with a butter knife to full on surgery ... over a hour to get the little screw out ... 2 screw driver bits broken .. a punch and a big hammer and a dremel tool

ps sprinfield and all the other companies do not use a screw... only norinco

Ceejay made it look easy... just kidding

also had 2 flash hiders so far out of wack..... there is the garbage can .. only place for it

That damn set screw was made of 100% forged and machined EVIL! This was my first M14 clinic and it was a blast. Ill keep my eyes open for the next one. Do you normally have them in the spring Barney?

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Lichtfuss View Post
    That damn set screw was made of 100% forged and machined EVIL! This was my first M14 clinic and it was a blast. Ill keep my eyes open for the next one. Do you normally have them in the spring Barney?
    Remember I briefed the clinic at the beginning that I ain’t a sniper nor breacher nor assaulter??

I’m merely a competition/ match shooter with lots of trigger time and many resulting medals behind me.... weather is kinda getting better. Competition season will soon be upon us and Match Directors should be firming up calendars NOW....if they haven’t already.

Competition shooters are firming up their travel plans among family plans and finite vacation days...

Traditionally the demand for M14 clinics is highest during the winter when folks have the time to tweak rigs! And my time is most open during the winter as well.

The winter life of a Match Director is unique because most of the work (behind the scenes) we carry out /arrange/negotiate is unseen and often misunderstood. As a result many folks are under the impression I can merely book ranges on my own (yeah , right) or book classrooms unassisted! Hahahahaha. Well, not quite!

I’ve been so lucky to have a Shzt tonne of help from your Club(s) Executive (s) and sponsoring businesses. Without their great presence, ain’t nothing ever gonna happen for you aficionados!

And all this arranging is initiated a YEAR prior! Hahahahaha

Welcome to the secret world or Match Directing! We do it all for the big $$ hahahahahaha

Cheers, Barney.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12