Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR2 22-23 Jun 2019 Debrief Here!!

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by snake2016 View Post
    EMT sent
    Your EMT was perfectly done and your are Good to GO!

Folks while I’m here yakking about this match/practice/ clinic a week and a half away.... this is a good time to take an older prescription bottle/pill bottle and fill it with the Allen keys that fit YOUR rifle optics/base/ring screws. Remember how I mention to you that one should always tighten every ring screw BEFORE you begin you sighting in process ?

Even if you are confident in your rig and it’s optics setup, always ensure all is tightened BEFORE commencing your zeroing process (whatever range/bore sighting) will commence. Nothing worse than the annoyance of achieving a wandering zero after you shot 20 rounds or so downrange to discover said wandering zero or Point of Impact (POI) is caused by a SINGLE loose ring screw. I’ve seen this happen lots and lots as a Match Director conducting a stage or course of fire!

Last practice in April I found a client / shooter who could not zero at 100m on Bravo Range....thankfully he bought some detachable Tactical Rings. He took off his rings (all the ring screws were tight) and discovered that the base was loosening. He then tightened the base screws and slapped on that Tactical Ring’ed scope and his zero was close to original zero. He got lucky!!

It’s better to find this all happening BEFORE the Sunday contest! Saves you a shztload of frustration. I don’t enjoy seeing my clients struggle and get frustrated.....especially when it’s NOT me that’s giving the Mind Fzcking Treatment! Hahahahaha

So you newbies, learn from me and other folks as they make mistakes and I relay the lessons on to YOU!!

Cheers,

Barney

Quote Originally Posted by IPPA162 View Post
    Barney,
    Am I being THAT GUY if I ask you to pencil me in for the June weekend now. Too early to commit for June. I will try and hobble around this Saturday at Pet, no knee bending yet. Depending on recovery, I may have to get that blue and white sticker and get a lift up and down the range in June. (I splashed off the snowmobile end of Feb, surgery to re-attach the Quad tendon was in March).
    Thanks
    AZ...
    Barney
    Walk on for Sunday only, please and thanks. Please add me to list. I'll pay on Sunday.
    Andy Z.

Barney, I'd like to sign up for Saturday the 22nd only, if possible.

Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stockriderman View Post
    Barney, I'd like to sign up for Saturday the 22nd only, if possible.
    YES, just the single Saturday walk back/ practice is fine! Merely $30 if you EMT... or pay me in the parking lot on Saturday AM.

I’m hoping for rain on the weekend... it’s a perfect opportunity to test out all your equipment and procedures!

Haha hah a ha ha

Cheers, Barney.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalTeacher View Post
    Your EMT was perfectly done and your are Good to GO!

Folks while I’m here yakking about this match/practice/ clinic a week and a half away.... this is a good time to take an older prescription bottle/pill bottle and fill it with the Allen keys that fit YOUR rifle optics/base/ring screws. Remember how I mention to you that one should always tighten every ring screw BEFORE you begin you sighting in process ?

Even if you are confident in your rig and it’s optics setup, always ensure all is tightened BEFORE commencing your zeroing process (whatever range/bore sighting) will commence. Nothing worse than the annoyance of achieving a wandering zero after you shot 20 rounds or so downrange to discover said wandering zero or Point of Impact (POI) is caused by a SINGLE loose ring screw. I’ve seen this happen lots and lots as a Match Director conducting a stage or course of fire!

Last practice in April I found a client / shooter who could not zero at 100m on Bravo Range....thankfully he bought some detachable Tactical Rings. He took off his rings (all the ring screws were tight) and discovered that the base was loosening. He then tightened the base screws and slapped on that Tactical Ring’ed scope and his zero was close to original zero. He got lucky!!

It’s better to find this all happening BEFORE the Sunday contest! Saves you a shztload of frustration. I don’t enjoy seeing my clients struggle and get frustrated.....especially when it’s NOT me that’s giving the Mind Fzcking Treatment! Hahahahaha

So you newbies, learn from me and other folks as they make mistakes and I relay the lessons on to YOU!!

Cheers,

Barney
    Just tighten everything down at home with red Loctite until you hear crunching/cracking.

Business Member
    I’m in the garage at home getting the PR range gear all checked over before packing in the truck this afternoon for the road trip to Garrison Petawawa tomorrow.

I need to chat with you all about packing or assembling your “Oh Shzt Kit”.....

My “Oh Shzt Kit” consists of an AR15 cleaning kit /pouch with the steel sectional rods (assemble together) that comes in handy when you have a “too long seated” booolit stuck in your chamber / grooves/ lands...Or you may have a bore partial /complete obstruction that may need to be knocked out. Who knows

* Hex keys, Allen keys, Torx bits
    * Multi tool with blades, pliers, tweezers
    * ruptured case extractor (google is your friend).... but this may be excessive for you, but not for a MD like me

Any tool you think that can / may/ will save your tail feathers ON the firing line.

Many clients have approached me already to thank me for this training. I’m grateful so it’s time to pay it forward and keep spreading the truth. Have tools nearby to bail your butt/friends’ butts/ MD’s butt out!!

Some of you new shooters, just gather these suggested tools and keep them in a plastic zip-loc or a plastic clamshell or a plastic sealed tub in your shooting rucksack. You will thank me many years from now!

Oh yeah, don’t forget the bug dope for this weekend. Lots of it!!

Cheers,
    Barney

Barney
    Walk on for Sunday only, please and thanks. Please add me to list. I'll pay on Sunday.
    Andy Z.
    EMT sent instead.

Barney
    Andy Z.
    EMT sent instead. See you Sunday. 60 rnds for Sunday, right?

Anyone going at Kelseys on Friday night?

We will leave Ottawa area around 3:30 so we can show up around 6:00 or 7:00.

Me and S.T will be there on Sunday for the match

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast