Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Garrison Petawawa PR3 06-07 July 2019 Debrief here!!

CGN frequent flyer
    EMT sent for Longboat and DanB.

Sunday match only. No Saturday. See you in 10 days...

Hi Barney,

Just confirming my e-transfer made it to you for the two of us?

Thanks

Business Member
    Longboat and DanB.... Got the EMT for the Sunday match for 2 of you...

Redlight35, remind me of the names/ handles ....I can’t seem to see/find/visualize that EMT of yours....

Back home from Pukaskwa National Park 1000Km from home....I wore a bug jacket but still seemed to attract lots of bites on me.

Okay.... I have to close the registration.... waiting list only, I’m afraid. Looks to me like this match is getting super popular.....

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 06-28-2019 at 10:04 PM.

I think I sent it as Rick and Chantal...

Barney here..... You are BOTH Good to GO! Thanks for the EMT and your support!!
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 06-29-2019 at 08:44 PM.

Business Member
    Okay, it’s time to support the Meaford Long Range Steel Challenge. Honestly, the best way to prepare yourself for this super tough match is to volunteer and learn.

The best way to describe the pace of learning at this match (my third one coming up as a volunteer) is “like drinking from a fire hose...”. I’m not joking. There is so much to see/hear/visualize!

Get into the game by volunteering and seeing it all from a STAFF perspective! Don’t just pay yer ?? $ 275?? And become like a deer looking into the headlights! Yes, that’s how many competitors appear when they first get there and they have NEVER shot my PR matches in Garrison Petawawa....

In 2017, these guys showed up from Toronto (of course) without a 100m zero (it was a new Cadex....I’m not joking) and have never heard of the ORA in Base Borden. Nor did they know there are a SERIES of PR Matches running monthly in Garrison Petawawa ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Don’t be “Those Guys”....

They never showed back up in 2018!

Here’s the text from the MD’s of the MLRSC:

We are looking for ROs and range staff for the 2019 Meaford Long Range Steel challenge. We will provide all meals and lodging. Range staff also have the opportunity to win prizes set aside just for them. Training material and hands-on training will be provided. The match is September 6-8th. But we can always use the help setting up the week beforehand. If you are interested in being part of our match staff, please send an e-mail to kris@psoc.ca

Questions???

Cheers, Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 07-02-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Business Member
    Sorry to bring the bad news to the new shooters but I’ve had to close the registrations/participants at 32 shooters / 8 target lanes because this situation can escalate into a shzt show down in the butts and turn into major headaches. Many of you love my brand because we don’t like shzt shows and crappy target presentations...

So I’ve had to cap things at 32 shooters...Sorry about that bad news.

Your thoughts??

Cheers, Barney

CGN frequent flyer
    Your shoot, your call. And yes, things can escalate into a shzt show down in the butts.

CGN frequent flyer
    See how 32 does and go on from there. More may be possible in the future depending on who's going. Adding 4-8 more guys who know the drill and do not have to be "baby sat" would probobly not risk a shzt show. If its alot of new people then yeah, that may get tough on 1 officer in the butts.

ok, ouch. I guess doing walk-on is high risk. Didn't think the participant count would be that high in vacation season.

Anyone going out for dinner Friday night?
    Bryan

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast