Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: 9MM 115 Grain fresh off the presses!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    It's not just Western. I don't think any of the 4 or 5 major Canadian suppliers of reloaded ammo are competitive with recent lower factory pricing. The issue seems mostly to effect 9mm. I don't know why we have seen the recent drop in factory pricing on 9mm (sudden increase in supply?...big drop in US demand resulting in a glut?) but I've recently seem factory 9mm on sale as low as $229/1000 and it seems to be routinely available at $250+/-.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Business Member Western Metal Inc's Avatar
    I would like to take a minute to respond to several comments that have been made regarding the price of our ammo verses factory new. We set our prices based on the cost of material, labor, overhead, taxation, and regulatory expenses. The price that we sell for is the lowest price we can sell for and remain in business. We understand that some factory brands of ammo are being dumped in Canada at very low pricing and that can be very attractive to the shooter in these economic times. It should also be noted that several Canadian reloaders have been forced to shut down operations or greatly scale back as a result of this. We all know that at some point the dumping of factory ammo will end. Hopefully, at that time with the support of the Canadian shooters, there will still be several reloading companies to keep them supplied at a reasonable price.

Having said all this we respect your right to purchase whatever products you feel are best for you. All we ask is you respect our right to advertise our products.

Happy Shooting!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Fair enough and a good response.

I'm curious though. Do you know what market forces are behind the sudden influx of cut price 9mm into the Canadian market? Am I correct in thinking it's mostly just 9mm that is involved? I can't recall seeing any deeply discounted factory .38spl or .45acp The commercially reloaded stuff in those calibers still seems like a decent buy.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by VinnyQC View Post
    You could if they were cheaper.

Irony, when you bite, you bite hard!
    Ok... ?

I have absolutely no money in any amount to allocate to shooting these days, doesn't matter how cheap they'd be I have other priorities at the moment

Irony: We have the same name and from the same province haha true story

Quote Originally Posted by Western Metal Inc View Post
    I would like to take a minute to respond to several comments that have been made regarding the price of our ammo verses factory new. We set our prices based on the cost of material, labor, overhead, taxation, and regulatory expenses. The price that we sell for is the lowest price we can sell for and remain in business. We understand that some factory brands of ammo are being dumped in Canada at very low pricing and that can be very attractive to the shooter in these economic times. It should also be noted that several Canadian reloaders have been forced to shut down operations or greatly scale back as a result of this. We all know that at some point the dumping of factory ammo will end. Hopefully, at that time with the support of the Canadian shooters, there will still be several reloading companies to keep them supplied at a reasonable price.

Having said all this we respect your right to purchase whatever products you feel are best for you. All we ask is you respect our right to advertise our products.

Happy Shooting!
    So why, per round, 1500 package is more expensive compared to 1000 round package...?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer hawk-i's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aakoksal View Post
    So why, per round, 1500 package is more expensive compared to 1000 round package...?
    Cause they want you to buy 2 1000 round packages!

Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post

I'm curious though. Do you know what market forces are behind the sudden influx of cut price 9mm into the Canadian market? Am I correct in thinking it's mostly just 9mm that is involved? I can't recall seeing any deeply discounted factory .38spl or .45acp The commercially reloaded stuff in those calibers still seems like a decent buy.
    Maybe the popularity of the Ruger PC Carbine 9mm non-restricted version has something to do with it. This could be a contributing factor to the high demand and influx of 9mm ammunition coming into Canada. There has got to be a lot of these carbines on this side of the border now.

Mine eats any 9mm ammo I feed it, and she's hungry for sure!..... Probably the most fun you can have with your clothes on!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post

I got some very good deals on 45acp (150$/500) and 223 (330$/1000+postal rebate) late last year. You are correct though that it's mostly the price of 9mm that fell through the floor. It's mostly a scale thing: the amount of 9mm shot in any given day dwarfs the number of all other handgun calibre together, so if there's an overproduction it's where you're gonna see prices fall. Kinda like how cheap AR15s have seen their prices cut 30-40%, but the high-end stuff is pretty much still the same price.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234