Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Former Liberal senator not set on gun bill: C71 news

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Everyone needs to email Ms Jaffer with some kind words wishing her a speedy recovery from her illness, and to reinforce that the first long gun registry diverted more than 3 billions dollars of tax payers money away from legitimate crime prevention and victims oriented programs and into a useless and distracting list of guns.

C71 seeks to recreate that list in an even less organized, less useful way, and at what cost? all while continuing to do nothing for woman, victims, or ordinary citizens looking for meaningful criminal policy action from the government.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

I wasn't even aware of the different gun organizations in Canada. I just joined CCFR. Thanks!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Phat Eagle's Avatar
    Sent my mail to Jaffer and Richards... Here's hoping they listen! 258 days my friends!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Phat Eagle View Post
    Sent my mail to Jaffer and Richards... Here's hoping they listen! 258 days my friends!
    Same here ... Hoping Jaffer will be more open minded to make an informed decision.

I just hope my gut feel will not be true. There is this thing at the back of my head that keeps saying "The Liberals will still have a good chance of winning on Oct" ..... Damn I just hope I'm wrong.
    CCFR MDRGC

emailed

Quote Originally Posted by Aprilia Man View Post
    Same here ... Hoping Jaffer will be more open minded to make an informed decision.

I just hope my gut feel will not be true. There is this thing at the back of my head that keeps saying "The Liberals will still have a good chance of winning on Oct" ..... Damn I just hope I'm wrong.
    I can't find anyone that I know that is going to vote for the Libs. And I work at a unionized worksite in North Vancouver. Maybe its just east of the prairies and major cities to worry about.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Toronto and Montreal are enough to give him a majority.
    Yep, fixed wing is great but rotary wing is ... GREAT. Life is good. JP.

Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Sad but true...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Karnage View Post
    I can't find anyone that I know that is going to vote for the Libs. And I work at a unionized worksite in North Vancouver. Maybe its just east of the prairies and major cities to worry about.
    Unfortunately, I think that is the case. The last polls I saw only had them up a point or two over the CPC but the Liberals vote is more efficient. It's spread over a wider number of ridings while the Conservative vote is more concentrated. That gives the Liberals more seats for the same amount of total votes. IE CPC gets x votes in winning 2 ridings by a landslide while the same number of votes nets the Libs 3-4 "squeaker" wins in eastern Canada.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by caramel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MuthaFunk View Post
    Sad but true...

It would be, if it was true. Buts it not true, so you don't need to be sad.

Toronto has 58 Federal ridings. Montreal has 20. 78 Ridings is less than half of what is needed for a majority.

Even if you added Greater Vancouver and the whole Fraser Valley (+32) you are only at 110, which leaves you well short of the 170 you need for a majority.
    Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is sort of an advance auction sale of stolen goods. HL Mencken. 1919.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast