Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Call Your MP about the Liberals Secret Gun Plan ( Ban ) Now

Whether your believe a ban or reclassification is coming or not, it is important that you call your MP ( whether they are CPC, NDP or Liberals ) NOW to let them know one of his/her constituents is a gun issue voter and opposing to any further restrictions, whether the word "gun ban" is actually used in Bill Blair's play of words.

Let your MP know in no uncertainties these 3 points:

1) The ambiguous threat and secretive plan of this government concerning "gun ban" is unacceptable. This has been in the same vain as SNC-Lavalin scandal and Mark Norman's case, and it is everything against "transparent" government that the Liberals advertised;

2) Using OIC to reclassify and prohibit guns to achieve the effect of a gun ban is undemocratic and an abuse of power. It is the action of a government when it does not have the support of the people and its own firearms consultation;

3) Any policy and action on further restriction on firearms are contrary to the overwhelming evidence of 100,000 survey responses in the government's own firearms consultation. 100,000 people have voiced their opposition to further further restriction. A gun ban is not "evidence based policy".
    Last edited by greentips; 05-28-2019 at 01:29 PM.

Please send all private messages on CGN admin issues to "CGN Admin" account

Is calling the best way? I have sent letters and emails in the past, recieved at least a confirmation from email.

I have never actually called - would we get better results that way? I will be contacting my MP either way.

Yes, you should call them because it is supposed to happen next week. This is what some gun orgs are also encouraging people to do: CALL

Let their phones ring, leave a message and put some real "physical pressure" on them.

Quote Originally Posted by FatMango View Post
    Is calling the best way? I have sent letters and emails in the past, recieved at least a confirmation from email.

I have never actually called - would we get better results that way? I will be contacting my MP either way.

CGN Regular
    You can get their contact information here:

https://www.ourcommons.ca/Parliamentarians/en/members

Dan Ruimy the Pitt Meadows / Maple Ridge MP - e-mail.

I have e-mailed Dan Ruimy the Pitt Meadows / Maple Ridge MP.

Only received and automated notification that my e-mail was received, no reply that he has read it.

Interestingly, his web site does not state that he is a Liberal MP.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by FatMango View Post

Normally, the best way to contact them is by mail. Snail mail. Sending an enveloppe to your MP is free, you don't need to place a stamp on the enveloppe. Email is really easy to ignore, they can just paste a boring pre-written receipt confirmation and never bother with you again. Calling them is often effective, and in this case maybe the only way to reach them because mail won't get anywhere by June 3rd, but it's easy for a lot of people to lose their temper on the phone, or to sound not-so-coherent.

If anyone call, make sure you are not threatening and stay on message: I'm voting against you, campaigning against you, and giving money to your political opponent(s) if you try to ban any gun at all. Don't bring up anything else like SNC Lavallin, Mark Norman, the deficit, a pipeline, carbon tax, anything other than gun prohibition, really. Make sure they understand that for you, gun prohibition equals actively campaigning against them. Even if it's not really true and you're not a one-issue voter, making them believe that you are will further your goal.

Wrote my Senator (again) to encourage C-71 die on the order paper.

Also called my MP Office to inquire/complain about any potential move on lawful firearm owners or reclassification of firearms. The greeter claimed not to have heard anything it. I made sure my thoughts on the matter were recorded (wrong target/offensive/history/industry/don't do it/will harm Lib party/put such thoughts away).

I had previously emailed on the topic but received no reply at all.

Everyone should do this. It's an easy google on your phone for your riding association. Call them and tell them you hope 'the rumours' of firearm prohibitions are not true, and that they should leave firearms owners alone.

Reminding the Lib Govt. that millions of Canadians won't vote Lib if they blame lawful Canadians for criminal activity is not a bad idea anytime.

Still hoping C-71 dies on the order paper. Yeoman's work by Sen. Plett.

Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

Arms East's Online Shopping
    CGN AEI Forum

info@armseast.com

SALES: 844-579-0007
    Please Email instead of CGN Private Message for AEI business.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Melnibonean's Avatar
    Unfortunately, the riding I will be voting in this election belongs to Justine, so calling/emailing/writing will probably do nothing.

Any ideas who I should instead direct my ire against? Or should I just pick a riding where the Liar MP won by a small margin and is in real risk of losing their seat come October? Would prefer it NOT to be Quebec, because they're pansy gun grabbers no matter what they hear
    '"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness" - US Declaration of Independence

Done, called and spoke to my MP's office leaving the above message (in my words) along with comments on how this has gone in Australia https://thenewdaily.com.au/news/nati...NF5FrjqPHEz7z0
    All-in-all, we love Texas. Everyone is polite, friendly and well armed.

Quote Originally Posted by Melnibonean View Post
    Unfortunately, the riding I will be voting in this election belongs to Justine, so calling/emailing/writing will probably do nothing.

Any ideas who I should instead direct my ire against? Or should I just pick a riding where the Liar MP won by a small margin and is in real risk of losing their seat come October? Would prefer it NOT to be Quebec, because they're pansy gun grabbers no matter what they hear
    You should call. It is a matter of adding a physical datapoint and noises. If no one is calling any Liberals MPs, obviously these Liberals think everyone is his/her riding support them.

If you don't call them, they treat silence as approval.

Page 1 of 14 12345678911 ... LastLast