Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Scar

You may not want one, even if it is approved...

The new SCAR 20S version was on display at SHOT.
    For USD $4500 !

I believe irg submitted a new lower but it needed further work and given the USD and cost of a new scar being 5 to 6k Canadian they haven't yet modified and resubmitted another lower.

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    It definitely has some good things going for it but for me personally, I can't get past the reciprocating charging handle. I much prefer the ACR with only a couple minor fixes. Price will be a factor if it cannot demonstrate it is twice as good as its competitors. I'm not sure there are many people that can spend 15,000 on a HK 416 but there they are. If I could afford one, I would buy one. ( the HK, not the Scar)

A lot of miss info out there about the SCAR 17’s. they excelled in testing, boast 1 MOA as a semi auto battle rifle and are still used by a large number of special forces. Don’t get all your info from two salty “marines” off YouTube. The Scar is way better than the ACR and espically the XCR, but having said that I’d love for us to also have the Bren 2 in Canada

Scar is just a lesser and cheaper made rifle that happens to look like XCR from Robinson Armament. Lot's of polymer used on SCAR, almost none on XCR (all metal).
    Check this article, full review by a pro written recently.

PART 1.https://gatdaily.com/the-robinson-ar...eid=9d98499a29

PART 2.https://gatdaily.com/robinson-armame...eid=9d98499a29

PART 3: https://gatdaily.com/robinson-armame...eid=9d98499a29

I am not associated with Wolverine Supplies in any way except that I purchased XCR-M from them and can't praise the platform enough. And also now Wolverine has free shipping for orders over 300.
    Last edited by anton520b; 02-08-2019 at 05:23 PM.
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    Scar is just a lesser and cheaper made rifle that happens to look like XCR from Robinson Armament. Lot's of polymer used on SCAR, almost none on XCR (all metal).
    Check this article, full review by a pro written recently.

PART 1.https://gatdaily.com/the-robinson-ar...eid=9d98499a29

PART 2.https://gatdaily.com/robinson-armame...eid=9d98499a29

PART 3: https://gatdaily.com/robinson-armame...eid=9d98499a29

I am not associated with Wolverine Supplies in any way except that I purchased XCR-M from them and can't praise the platform enough. And also now Wolverine has free shipping for orders over 300.
    Sounds like a pro to me:

"Mike Westra
    Mike relies on the on the knowledge, skills and attitude he developed while working as a deputy sheriff, bounty hunter, and firefighter to educate and train his students and customers. Mike manages a gun store and is also the Lead Firearms Instructor with Ammo-Inc. On his days off you can find him tearing up the skies over Michigan in a Cessna"

I always get my firearms advice from deputy sheriff/bounty hunter/firefighters who manage gun stores.

This ACR/XCR/SCAR thing has turned into the gun equivalent of the Calvin peeing on --insert truck brand here-- sticker thing.

By the by some people dig polymer over metal, namely people who have to carry firearms for long periods of time.
    "I'm going to go build my own lunar lander...with blackjack...and hookers...in fact forget the lunar lander and the blackjack"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sprint's Avatar
    Well, you omitted this part jumper.

On his days off you can find him tearing up the skies over Michigan in a Cessna.
    Your argument is invalid. Because Cessna...

I had to read that segment endorsing the author three times. Honestly? It sorta left me thinking about this classic...

Schoolteacher: 'Mr. Bobby, there's no smoking in here.'
    Reese Bobby: 'Oh, it's all right, darling, I'm a volunteer fireman. Okay, I am a semi-professional race car driver and an amateur tattoo artist.'
    Classmates: 'Oooohhhh!'

Quote Originally Posted by Para D View Post
    Sounds like a pro to me:

"Mike Westra
    Mike relies on the on the knowledge, skills and attitude he developed while working as a deputy sheriff, bounty hunter, and firefighter to educate and train his students and customers. Mike manages a gun store and is also the Lead Firearms Instructor with Ammo-Inc. On his days off you can find him tearing up the skies over Michigan in a Cessna"

I always get my firearms advice from deputy sheriff/bounty hunter/firefighters who manage gun stores.

This ACR/XCR/SCAR thing has turned into the gun equivalent of the Calvin peeing on --insert truck brand here-- sticker thing.

By the by some people dig polymer over metal, namely people who have to carry firearms for long periods of time.
    Last edited by sprint; 02-09-2019 at 12:29 PM.

BANNED
    Get an APC 223 and be done with this debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Para D View Post
    Sounds like a pro to me:

"Mike Westra

Since you're so supremely good, even to an extent where you freely thrash on the writer, perhaps we should expect you to write an article that will leave his article in dust and prove how darn good expert on firearms you are.
    How to make a difference in fight against the communists?
    1. Vote for CPC 2. Join CCFR and CSSA (not NFA ) 3. Write letters to your Member of Parliament 4. Continue to be upstanding citizen

Quote Originally Posted by jtuzyk View Post
    Get an APC 223 and be done with this debate.
    Lol! Nice
    Take the red pill.