Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Scar

CGN frequent flyer MustangFrank's Avatar
    Well, a picture of a private contractor holding a gun is not exactly a resounding endorsement, or anything for that matter. Im not a hater or a fanboy, but I appreciate honest reviews by people who actually use them. Not range monkeys. ( like me )

Quote Originally Posted by MustangFrank View Post
    Well, a picture of a private contractor holding a gun is not exactly a resounding endorsement, or anything for that matter. Im not a hater or a fanboy, but I appreciate honest reviews by people who actually use them. Not range monkeys. ( like me )
    ok, well have a couple recent photos of NSW dudes still using the SCAR

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainGoose View Post
    You think seals are issued steel case ammo?
    no, but specifically in that video they take it to the range shoot it with steel case then complain about its reliability when shooting it.

Quote Originally Posted by anton520b View Post
    XCR has exceeded in every category compared to SCAR.
    1. Caliber change capacity
    2. Shoots underwater
    3. Breaks down for cleaning in less than 5 seconds
    4. Non-reciprocating charging handle
    5. All metal, tougher and more durable in every way
    6. Beats the hell out of SCAR in ergonomics department
    7. Face it, it just looks way better and doesn't cost nearly as much as SCAR ($6500 CAD)
    8. XCR has way more positive reviews by pro reviewers, are they all liars
    9. XCR is capable of 5/8 MOA (quality match ammo) when properly broken in with goal/mind set for accuracy
    1. The SCAR has the ability to change calibres, even from going from .308 to 5.56, which you know the XCR still hasnt done.
    2. must be good for that underwater war coming.
    3. the SCAR maybe takes 10 seconds with a additional pin, big whoop.
    4. theres after market parts to make the charging handle Non Reciprocating, even so who cares.
    5. all metal, all heavier, more expensive to produce.
    6. debatable, the XCR's have terrible stocks.
    7. the 20S might be 6500 CAD but the 17S is roughly 4200 CAD MSRP, which you know, shop smart and you wont get hosed. but the SCAR looks way better than the XCR.
    8.I fail to understand your point here, XCR has better reviews but they're lying?.
    9.with that group sizing though? and stock or a "accurized" XCR since they're notorious for groups opening up once you start firing it seriously. SCAR averages 1.5 MOA with standard ammo

Name:  FC190DF2-9C66-40E4-8322-A0C12D5C4602.jpg
Views: 230
Size:  70.2 KB

Quote Originally Posted by kennyclone View Post
    1. The SCAR has the ability to change calibres, even from going from .308 to 5.56, which you know the XCR still hasnt done.
    2. must be good for that underwater war coming.
    3. the SCAR maybe takes 10 seconds with a additional pin, big whoop.
    4. theres after market parts to make the charging handle Non Reciprocating, even so who cares.
    5. all metal, all heavier, more expensive to produce.
    6. debatable, the XCR's have terrible stocks.
    7. the 20S might be 6500 CAD but the 17S is roughly 4200 CAD MSRP, which you know, shop smart and you wont get hosed. but the SCAR looks way better than the XCR.
    8.I fail to understand your point here, XCR has better reviews but they're lying?.
    9.with that group sizing though? and stock or a "accurized" XCR since they're notorious for groups opening up once you start firing it seriously. SCAR averages 1.5 MOA with standard ammo
    All these points are moot given we can't get a SCAR in Canada anyway, and we can get a XCR in several variations.

Quote Originally Posted by kapanak View Post
    All these points are moot given we can't get a SCAR in Canada anyway, and we can get a XCR in several variations.
    I mean point being if the SCAR was to become available here why would you buy a XCR. hell, why even buy a XCR-M now the Stag 10 exists.

I mean point being if the SCAR was to become available here why would you buy a XCR. hell, why even buy a XCR-M now the Stag 10 exists.
    Valid points, but the SCAR is a big if, and the price difference would be high enough to cause some people to tilt towards the XCR. Stag 10 and other AR-10/AR-15-esque NRs are slowly going to take away the appeal of super expensive non-AR NRs though.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    I mean point being if the SCAR was to become available here why would you buy a SCAR. Hell, why not buy BOTH the XCR-M and a Stag 10 and have two rifles for the same amount of money.
    Fixed it for you
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by kapanak View Post
    Valid points, but the SCAR is a big if, and the price difference would be high enough to cause some people to tilt towards the XCR. Stag 10 and other AR-10/AR-15-esque NRs are slowly going to take away the appeal of super expensive non-AR NRs though.
    Stag 10 is the best NR semi auto platform on the market currently for sure, but the SCAR is still a desirable weapon, I'd buy one in a heartbeat if they came, especially after owning a XCR-M.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Fixed it for you
    because it would cost me like a extra ~1000 cadbux to get both vs a SCAR?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer r34skyline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Fixed it for you
    Because i don't want a gun that shatters its bcg in 300 rounds?

CGN Regular
    no, but specifically in that video they take it to the range shoot it with steel case then complain about its reliability when shooting it.
    Thats a deceiving thing to say. They were clearly talking about using it during their time in service. On that note, it's possible they didn't know how to change the gas settings but thats not likely since they're seals.

He is saying, the pros who use the XCR all give it good reviews and then he is asking you if they (the pros) are lying according to you. He should have finished the sentence with a "?".

From what I understand, the first few batches of XCRs came out below expectations however the current ones are good to go.

Here is a take on the SCAR 17 from a guy in industry. He presents both pros and cons of the gun. Notable points are the SCARs reputation for breaking optics and the stock breaking. Aftermarket parts that address these issues are now available however thats upping the price of an already expensive gun.

The SCAR 16 doesn't seem to have these specific issues I mention above.

I think the SCAR looks really cool however I would rather go with a XCR because of all the issues that come with the SCAR. The XCR seems like a better made gun at a better price.
    Last edited by CaptainGoose; 02-10-2019 at 07:26 PM.