Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Mid length op rods for WK180c

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Tacticalvin View Post
    Does RWA have any pre-production examples of Wk180-C with mid-length op rod running rifle length barrel? Looking forward to video for installation and use.
    No we do not This was a part requested by a few people, so we are making it. We have not done any re-engineering on the rifle, it will simply be a replacement part for those that wish to give it a whirl. The engineering and testing that we have done is on our completed upper for the WK180C, using our gas system (which is different).

Quote Originally Posted by RWA-Technical View Post
    Thanks.
    The gas length options came out of our testing results, but we didn't discover anything everyone didn't already know. As you agree with the rifle length gas option....lol
    These barrels are top shelf, IBI does a great job on their barrels. Our rifle runs best with the carbine length but we brought in pistol length for any AR15 guys looking for a good barrel. These will be a regular stock item on our web store as we move forward.

Cheers,

Kevin, RWA
    Not sure if you mistunderstood me, or if I misunderstood you ....just incase, I was saying rifle length on 300 blackout makes no sense. I was giving you props for a much better option.

I'll bookmark the carbine length for when I get to that point.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 02-15-2019 at 01:56 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Expired Business Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Not sure if you mistunderstood me, or if I misunderstood you ....just incase, I was saying rifle length on 300 blackout makes no sense. I was giving you props for a much better option.

I'll bookmark the carbine length for when I get to that point.
    Sorry, I was agreeing with you 100%. I can't see .300 blackout running well at all in a rifle length. I was laughing a little at it while I posted so maybe I missed the mark on clarity. LOL

Any chance of an upgraded gas block too?

Expired Business Member
    These (the mid length WK op rod) should be on our site Monday or Tuesday....

Shown alongside the original.

Name:  WK Mid Op rod 1.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  WK Mid Op Rod 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  53.7 KB

Expired Business Member
    sooo, in reading through this thread...and emails...and PMs, we have had requests for upgrades to many parts of the WK180C. They are listed below:

Bolt Catch Release
    Mid Length Gas system
    Ambi Safety
    Gas Block
    Bolt Carrier
    Bolt
    Firing Pin
    Charging handle
    Handguard
    Barrel

I am happy to say that all of these upgrades are actually available from us. We sell it as a kit, in fact.

It's our Completed Upper Receiver for the WK180C and comes with a true 1913 Picatinny rail, IBI Barrel, and M-Lok handguard

Sorry, couldn't resist. Have a great weekend everyone!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RWA-Sales View Post
    These (the mid length WK op rod) should be on our site Monday or Tuesday....

Shown alongside the original.

Name:  WK Mid Op rod 1.jpg
Views: 247
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  WK Mid Op Rod 2.jpg
Views: 251
Size:  53.7 KB
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Op rod arrived today. Very nicely machined, it looks better than the original I pulled out.

I have my barrel swapped and the op rod installed. Everything looks great and I'm ready to give it a whirl as soon as I can get out. Hopefully sometime within the next few days.

I'll update as soon as I can.

Once again, thanks guys.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Expired Business Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Op rod arrived today. Very nicely machined, it looks better than the original I pulled out.

I have my barrel swapped and the op rod installed. Everything looks great and I'm ready to give it a whirl as soon as I can get out. Hopefully sometime within the next few days.

I'll update as soon as I can.

Once again, thanks guys.
    Glad you like it. Hopefully it all runs good for you. If it works well, we all have you to thank for it really

Cheers.
    Last edited by RWA-Technical; 02-27-2019 at 10:27 AM.

Expired Business Rep
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas View Post
    Any chance of an upgraded gas block too?
    We have looked at it for sure. The testing of the mid length op rod should tell us if one is needed. Or are you talking about an adjustable gas block?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast