Page 20 of 65 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161718192021222324252627283040 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter photo thread

Quote Originally Posted by Bombsquad68 View Post
    Here's my phony CQB build. Gun runs awesome.

Where did you get the slr ion?

Quote Originally Posted by solidgear34 View Post
    Where did you get the slr ion?
    Basically all the parts are from Brownells besides the barrel and optics. Optics were from FOC and barrel is an SJ Hardware stainless dimpled mid-length. For whatever reason the only thing that doesn't work properly right now is the Strike Industries dust cover, I popped it on my other AR's and it works but on my Modern Sporter it keeps popping open.

Basically all the parts are from Brownells besides the barrel and optics. Optics were from FOC and barrel is an SJ Hardware stainless dimpled mid-length. For whatever reason the only thing that doesn't work properly right now is the Strike Industries dust cover, I popped it on my other AR's and it works but on my Modern Sporter it keeps popping open.
    The detent is adjustable on the strike cover. You need to adjust it outwards.

Don't the Strike covers come with instructions?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    Mine didn't come with instructions. Also, of the 2 Strike covers I bought, only 1 worked properly after adjustment.

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    The detent is adjustable on the strike cover. You need to adjust it outwards.
    Don't the Strike covers come with instructions?
    Well eff me. Thanks. If there were instructions in that tiny box they ended up in the trash

Nice, how was shipping and customs from brownells?

It's pretty good, as long as you keep it under $500 and you're not buying a barrel, optic, receiver or ammo. Usually after I placed the order it shows up between 3-4 weeks after. The customs isn't bad as long as you use USPS/CP. I've placed dozens of orders in the past couple years, even got 10rd 1911 mags with no hassle. Their service is top notch too.

I’ve made 3 orders with Brownells in the last month or so, ranging in value from $80USD TO $300USD. All arrived without a hitch, and somehow I managed to dodge customs on all 3 even though 2 of them were shipped via UPS. Shipping was pretty reasonable too, I think the heaviest of the 3 packages was around 20$ shipping.
    Last edited by OntarioMarksman; 05-02-2019 at 04:28 PM. Reason: Spelling

Hey there...is this a DD Omega rail? Thanks.

edited...sorry was meant to be attached to a specific pic/post...

Regarding the quadrail on the MS build by jiffx2781

Anyone know?

cheers and thanks
    Last edited by medic265; 05-02-2019 at 08:13 PM. Reason: posted in wrong spot

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 09:58 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."