Page 34 of 65 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303132333435363738394041424454 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter photo thread

Here's mine,
    MRA 18.6" 223, AP carbon handguard, Fail-zero nickel boron BCG, BCM nickel boron trigger group, JP brake.
    Name:  IMG_20190617_213425.jpg
Views: 2624
Size:  82.3 KB

Odin 20" DMR profile 6.5G
    Name:  IMG_20190619_123607.jpg
Views: 2650
Size:  80.9 KB

Name:  IMG_20190619_123743.jpg
Views: 2538
Size:  83.0 KB

One with big brother (6.5CM)
    MS stock and grip have been changed to the pic above and the Leupold is back on the ACR and the Trijicon 2.5-12.5x42 above is now on it.
    Name:  IMG_20190415_202332.jpg
Views: 2662
Size:  138.0 KB

Haven't shot the Grendel barrel yet but should be able to test it out later this week.
    MRA barrel doesn't like AE black box very much but I did some load testing with 75gr BTHP and it was right around 1 MOA with a couple powder charges, Will do some fine tuning and see if I can get it to shoot a little better and also see how consistent it is.
    Last edited by cr5; 07-09-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

Had the Grendel out today. Odin 20" DMR profile with matching BCG and adjustable gas block.
    120gr Hornady ELD-M set just off the lands (shorter than magazine restriction). 8208XBR for powder.
    Worked up to 28.5gr powder charge which also happened to look the most promising.
    Was working up in 3 round batches and made a couple 1 moa groups, a couple 2 moa groups. Had a good day, 28.3gr looked the best on paper but the last 3 round group of 28.5gr has an extreme spread of 4 fps across 3 shots. A little more testing and adjusting seating depth and I'll be done

By the way, the fit between my FA upper and my <150 serial number lower is perfect, the pin is tight to move and zero play between the upper and lower.
    The action feels like it's running on needle bearings and has since the first cycle with the charge handle. No break in required, perfection from first round other than not having enough gas which should be history since I opened up the gas adjustment when I finished today. It was locking back a little less than half the time so a half turn on the regulator should have it (about 2 threads showing on the locking set screw for anyone else with the Odin package).

This is my barrel
    https://www.odinworks.com/6_5_Grende...0-r-tg-bcg.htm
    Last edited by cr5; 07-11-2019 at 11:25 PM.
    Don't be so sensitive snowflake, words can't hurt you.
    "Facts don't care about your feelings" Ben Shapiro
    If it's on the muzzle it's a brake NOT a break

By the power vested in me as God of my world.

CGN Regular
    6.5 Grendel upper finally finished. Going to get out this weekend and see how well she shoots.

.223 slick side upper is the one up top

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Sighted this in the other day, 5 shots under 2 MOA with factory ammo. I’m surprised it shot that well considering how terrible the bore looks.

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    MRA Barrel?
    Yes. https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...p-with-my-bore

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    Do you recommend barrels from MRA? Was looking to get one from them for my sporter

Quote Originally Posted by leakproofpuma7 View Post
    Do you recommend barrels from MRA? Was looking to get one from them for my sporter
    After having issues with a couple and not very good support, no. Also seeing what Tachead went through, no.
    CGN Weekly Schedule

After having issues with a couple and not very good support, no. Also seeing what Tachead went through, no.
    Great. Just got one on the cheap. Can only imagine how bad it is
    "Take a deep breath, and find your balls..."

What's all wrong with the barrel, the bore Mark's or anything else?
    Who do you recommend getting a 18.6 wylde barrel from?

Quote Originally Posted by crasheralex View Post
    Great. Just got one on the cheap. Can only imagine how bad it is
    I'm sure it's fine.
    CGN Weekly Schedule