CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 13 of 33 FirstFirst ... 35678910111213141516171819202123 ... LastLast
Results 121 to 130 of 328

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

  1. #121
    Super GunNutz
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    Yeah I'd rather buy a 20 dollar punch than a hundred dollar bolt catch.
    You mean like the one I just got in the mail today?



    $55 USD + exchange + shipping + customs dinged me 10 bucks. Pretty much puts it right up to what you're talking about....


    I'm glad some of you guys started talking about methods of removing the bolt catch roll pin.... just in case I don't like my hundred dollar bolt catch.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

  2. #122
    Super GunNutz Brianma65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,709
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    You mean like the one I just got in the mail today?



    $55 USD + exchange + shipping + customs dinged me 10 bucks. Pretty much puts it right up to what you're talking about....


    I'm glad some of you guys started talking about methods of removing the bolt catch roll pin.... just in case I don't like my hundred dollar bolt catch.
    You paid $100 for that? It looks like a basic one that comes in a LPK.
    I could have given you one,for free
    Member: CSSA

  3. #123
    Super GunNutz
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    2,483
    Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    You paid $100 for that? It looks like a basic one that comes in a LPK.
    I could have given you one,for free
    Yup. Might be proof that a fool and his money are soon parted... but I can't take it with me either so....

    It's actually a similar gizmo to the one used in the Cobalt Kinetics rifles. Drops the bolt automatically when a new mag is inserted.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

  4. #124
    Super GunNutz Brianma65's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    7,709
    Well that makes sense. At least you’re getting a very nice feature,for the extra $90
    Member: CSSA

  5. #125
    Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    calgary alberta
    Posts
    7,194
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    What do you suggest to remove the bolt catch roll pin? Tap it out a bit then the rest of the way with pliers? Thats what I had to do. Serious question. I want a maritime bolt catch and I put a milspec one in just to get out shooting. But after taking it out on a coyote hunt i think that a maritime would make my life just a wee bit easier with gloved hands.
    We re-worked set of side cutter pliers to use only for this job. It kills the roll pin but so what it gets replaced anyway and the pliers will no longer cut a wire but with some machining they fit the bill nicely, the other key to this is a proper lower vise mounted to the bench to keep things from moving while the pin is tapped out.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

    Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

    Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

    http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

  6. #126
    CGN Regular QuickDraw16's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    We re-worked set of side cutter pliers to use only for this job. It kills the roll pin but so what it gets replaced anyway and the pliers will no longer cut a wire but with some machining they fit the bill nicely, the other key to this is a proper lower vise mounted to the bench to keep things from moving while the pin is tapped out.
    I was thinking of grabbing the roll pin with vice grips and tapping it out with a hammer. Would you mind taking a picture of the custom side cutters so I can replicate them?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

  7. #127
    Member edge9382's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    SK
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post
    I was thinking of grabbing the roll pin with vice grips and tapping it out with a hammer. Would you mind taking a picture of the custom side cutters so I can replicate them?
    I used vice grips and tapped them and it worked well for me.

  8. #128
    CGN Regular
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Posts
    375
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post
    I was thinking of grabbing the roll pin with vice grips and tapping it out with a hammer. Would you mind taking a picture of the custom side cutters so I can replicate them?
    Needle nosed vise grips work very well, like Shaun said a card under to protect the lower is also a great plan.

  9. #129
    GunNutz robab's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    938
    I bought a gently used Troy VTAC Alpha rail off a guy on here. Included barrel nut and what looks like a shim and flat washer. Can’t find anything stating I need to use them for mounting the barrel. I assume the thin one is a barrel shim. The other I have no idea. It’s roughly 1/8 thick. Any thoughts ? I assume the shim for gas tube alignment Id necessary. ?
    "Victory favours the prepared"

  10. #130
    GunNutz BCreserveMP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Yup. Might be proof that a fool and his money are soon parted... but I can't take it with me either so....

    It's actually a similar gizmo to the one used in the Cobalt Kinetics rifles. Drops the bolt automatically when a new mag is inserted.
    Smith Lightning Bolt? I have one on the way, too. Pair that with the Strike Industries self-ejecting mag followers, and away you go!
    "Diplomacy is letting someone else have your way." - Lester Pearson
    "Cops are fascist thugs. Only cops can be trusted with guns" - some bonehead
    "We meet upon the Level, and we part upon the Square"

    CCFR

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •