Page 14 of 93 FirstFirst ... 46789101112131415161718192021222434 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:21 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Yup.

Also where do you source the mag followers? I've looked but so far no luck.
    I don't think they're available yet. They had them for a run in their own mags but they're sold out everywhere. They were going to offer the followers separately and that's what I'm waiting for.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN frequent flyer
    So the upper doesnt come with the pin to hold it to the lower (front takedowb pin) ? And if we have a takedown pin from anotber AR theres no detent in tbe lower?

Can you link me to the product I need to purcahsed to hold tbe upper to the lower?
    f:P

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I used a front pin from a LPK.

Quote Originally Posted by HotSoup View Post
    So the upper doesnt come with the pin to hold it to the lower (front takedowb pin) ? And if we have a takedown pin from anotber AR theres no detent in tbe lower?

Can you link me to the product I need to purcahsed to hold tbe upper to the lower?
    It's the same pin detent and spring from an ar

The front takedown pin the same as a standard AR front pin, uses the spring and detent as well.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

CGN frequent flyer
    Ahhh okay. Sorry. First time building this. (Slr doesnt use front pin) and SFRC didnt send me the detent when I bought a stripped SA 20.

edit: okay looks like i might be sending mine to ATRS to build ( thats an option right?) I ####ed up putting on the barrel nut (not enough torque) and i pinned the front sight into the barrel locking the gas tube into place but the barrel nut isnt tight enough and i dont want to risjk breaking the front A-frame gas block/sight removing the barrel pins + lack of appropriate tools.

FML i feel dumb for attempting this without the right tools. I take back everything I said in another thread.
    Last edited by HotSoup; 02-11-2019 at 11:36 PM.
    f:P

Ahhh okay. Sorry. First time building this. (Slr doesnt use front pin) and SFRC didnt send me the detent when I bought a stripped SA 20.

edit: okay looks like i might be sending mine to ATRS to build ( thats an option right?) I ####ed up putting on the barrel nut (not enough torque) and i pinned the front sight into the barrel locking the gas tube into place but the barrel nut isnt tight enough and i dont want to risjk breaking the front A-frame gas block/sight removing the barrel pins + lack of appropriate tools.

FML i feel dumb for attempting this without the right tools. I take back everything I said in another thread.
    What type of nut/handguard are you using? Maybe someone has a crowfoot type wrench so that you can retorque your nut without removing anything.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

....i pinned the front sight into the barrel locking the gas tube into place but the barrel nut isnt tight enough and i dont want to risjk breaking the front A-frame gas block/sight removing the barrel pins + lack of appropriate tools.....
    Not sure if I'm understanding what you've posted. You need to tighten the barrel nut but it's the kind that the gas tube feeds through?

Before you panic, try disconnecting the gas tube from the block. If your BCG is fully back (or out of the receiver) you may find you have enough rearward tube travel to be able to remove it without having to fiddle with the gas block.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:22 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."