Page 16 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6891011121314151617181920212223242636 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Needle nosed vise grips from the INSIDE of the lower is how I hold them to install the rear pin, so I don't see why it would not work in reverse.

The rear pin is a standard size so KNS and other like that will fit.

If you use this in place of the fixed rear pin, then you can use whatever trigger you'd like, and simply pull the pin out to take it down. We're researching potential, and optional modifications's that can be done to the rear takedown pin/crossbar but frankly haven't had the time to come up for air, or eat last Thursdays breakfast yet, let alone R&D into mods. There have been a number of guys asking if they could somehow have their front and rear takedown pins matching...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Thanks guys, I’m gonna see if the U/L will mate without the pin.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post

If you use this in place of the fixed rear pin, then you can use whatever trigger you'd like, and simply pull the pin out to take it down. We're researching potential, and optional modifications's that can be done to the rear takedown pin/crossbar but frankly haven't had the time to come up for air, or eat last Thursdays breakfast yet, let alone R&D into mods. There have been a number of guys asking if they could somehow have their front and rear takedown pins matching...
    If it’s an option on lower run 2 for a normal rear pin setup I might do that, let us know if you will and the extra cost (not sure on how much extra machining time per lower for the spring and detent channel required). I like the ability to retain the front pin to pivot open the rifle (cleaning, BCG swap, etc). If it’s a no it won’t be a deal breaker lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    If it’s an option on lower run 2 for a normal rear pin setup I might do that, let us know if you will and the extra cost (not sure on how much extra machining time per lower for the spring and detent channel required). I like the ability to retain the front pin to pivot open the rifle (cleaning, BCG swap, etc). If it’s a no it won’t be a deal breaker lol.
    Would still be able to run the same front pin as normal. Just run the pin posted here in the rear if you want to use the Trigger tech adjustable.

The way they mate wont allow the upper to pivot on the front pin either it's a push down and back type of mating system. That's why there is a hook instead of a hole

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:23 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    So the Geiselle HSNM trigger won’t work either?
    The hook on the upper that’s hooks on the lower takedown pin is hitting the top of the disconnector.

I was thinking I could remove the takedown pin, Nate the U/L and then re install the rear takedown pin.
    But when I tryed removing the torque screw, everything just rotated.
    Any recommendations on what to clamp on the pin, so it do not rotate ,while removing the screw
    So a Geissele High Speed National Match doesn't fit either???? I bought one because a Hiperfire 24C wouldn't fit. I just can't seem to win with triggers lately.

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Would still be able to run the same front pin as normal. Just run the pin posted here in the rear if you want to use the Trigger tech adjustable.

The way they mate wont allow the upper to pivot on the front pin either it's a push down and back type of mating system. That's why there is a hook instead of a hole
    Oh yeah I get how it goes together, I just don’t like the pins pictured for a rear. I’m just running a Milspec Trigger, I want the rear pin for ease of use. If they don’t want to do it I’ll just pull it apart like it’s designed.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    So a Geissele High Speed National Match doesn't fit either???? I bought one because a Hiperfire 24C wouldn't fit. I just can't seem to win with triggers lately.
    The top of the disconnector where the first stage adjustment screw is located, is to high and it brings up in the hook on the lower.

You could remove material from the back of the hook, which I’m not gonna do.
    I’m gonna remove the takedown pin and try and join them first.

Taking that pin out is a Beaach!
    The small screw is locktited in.
    You have to grip on the needle nose with the grip of Thor

After removing the pin , I got the U:L together, but it wasn’t easy.
    You have to tip the upper on a coward angle to the lower( kinda like putting them together backwards.
    The front will not pivot, once the back pin is out.
    So now for the weird stuff.
    Riding the CH will allow the trigger to work.
    Slamming the CH will not engage the trigger.

Trigger works with a mag when you release the bolt via the bolt release, but not when you release it manually.. (dummy rnds)

Then it’s opposite on an empty mag.
    Also the maritime bolt catch is very stiff.

I think the trigger is causing all these issues and is a no go.