Page 23 of 93 FirstFirst ... 31315161718192021222324252627282930313343 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post
    My BCG sits proud of the upper even when it is at its farthest point in travel.
    I thought that it was a little unusual but if you push the upper backwards the carrier engages the buffer and closes the gap.
    It seems like that’s how it was designed to work.

Unless the tab at the rear end of the BCG is too tall to fit inside the buffer tube... it’s hard to tell from the pictures.
    Thats exactly the case. Its the same height a gas key would be, but to make the MS differ from an AR they thickened the lower and shortened the upper so your BCG protrudes. Ingenious really, but in this instance its no bueno.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Sweet, just got my phone call my set is all ready. Now have to figure out how this box of parts I have collected actually gets all together to form a complete pew pew machine.
    To ensure perfect aim, shoot first and then claim whatever you hit as the target .

Seems like opening the ejection port for the very few who will use big calibers is going to cause a bunch of weird issues and severe uneven wearing for everybody down the road. The top bolt carrier sliding surface on the ejection port side is unsupported, it doesn't contact the upper at all for the lenght of the port, and it hits the ledge created by the opened port when it moves back...

When the bolt carrier is in battery, the rounds in the magazine push up hard on the bolt carrier... having both sides of the top of the carrier contacting and sliding along the upper is very important, otherwise the bolt carrier is getting some weird twisting force and motion during cycling if one side is floating unsupported like that because of the rounds in the magazine pushing up on it.........................no?

Can ATRS chime in on this please?
    Last edited by Dietz; 02-14-2019 at 03:02 PM.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    It’s a Spikes Tactical Kit, I gutted an upper. I have a lower in run 2, if you can cut a notch over the buffer tube loop I’m happy with that (if there’s an extra cost for machining I’d also understand). The charging handle would cover the notch anyways. The more I look at it the more I think the barrel needs that material, it’s right where the chamber ends.
    I have a cmmg 22 kit my upper is on route. I’ll try it and report back next week sometime.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

CGN frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by robab View Post
    I have a cmmg 22 kit my upper is on route. I’ll try it and report back next week sometime.
    If the BCG looks like mine it won’t work, and from what an internet search shows it has the tab.

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    If the BCG looks like mine it won’t work, and from what an internet search shows it has the tab.
    I’d say your right. But I’ll try. I may even send to a machinist to modify it to fit if possible.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

I wonder if the jp 22lr kit would work. It looks like a different setup

I see the issue with the 22 tab, if it were me and I was dedicated to it I would file the tab.
    But that issue aside, here is how the BCG sits if anyone is curious. You just slide it to the rear and pop the front pin in.
    [IMG][/IMG]

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:25 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Holycow View Post
    I've never built an AR before so this might be an obvious question but:
    Do you guys have any recommendations for lubrication?
    I understand you're supposed to apply some grease to the barrel nut threads?
    For BCGs and general lubrication G96 Gun SPRAY is what we recommend on all of our semi autos. For barrel retention nuts moly grease, we sell both.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there