Page 29 of 93 FirstFirst ... 91921222324252627282930313233343536373949 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    The rods definitely don't work, it's a dumb design by v7.
    The port door works great on mine and locks in good using a standard rod and spring. I did have to clip the end of my spring as it was forcing the door open. ( The short end of the spring got clipped.. sorry no pics

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    I’m ditching the Maritime Bolt Catch and going with the BAD Bolt Catch.

I found the Maritime a bit sloppy and gritty, and a bit to big .. ha ha

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    The rods definitely don't work, it's a dumb design by v7.
    The port door works great on mine and locks in good using a standard rod and spring. I did have to clip the end of my spring as it was forcing the door open. ( The short end of the spring got clipped.. sorry no pics
    Hey thanks for mentioning that. I will look at mine tomorrow and see if maybe that’s what’s part of my issue.

So I don't have the barrel installed yet, as I am waiting on another for this upper but it looks like the Odin O2 lite handguard is good to go as far as the anti rotation tabs. Looks like they just clear the sides of the upper with the rail lined up.
    I will update once I get the barrel.

Name:  20190215_220621.jpg
Views: 412
Size:  38.2 KB

Forgive my ignorance, anybody have any trouble with the 10/30 mags by ASC? I want to buy a bunch. My set won't show up for a few months so I want to make sure I'm not buying something that doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by hardyshooter View Post
    Anyone having mag seating issues? Both metal mags and pmags won't work in either upper. Have one lower currently. It seems the upper sits rear ward on the lower, creating a lip inside the magwell that prevents the mags from seating. The upper and lower fit snug with very little movement so this seems strange..
    IMI beo mags do not fully seat, due to the slight (literally 1-1.5mm) overhang of the upper at the front of the magwell. My Pmags and E-lander steel mags lock and drop free perfectly.

ATRS, I hope you can adjust the clearance a bit in time for the FA run as this is kind of annoying. Eventually my SS upper will become a 6.5, so I'm not worrying about trying to rectify this but it would be a deal breaker on the FA.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Quote Originally Posted by Sput View Post
    Forgive my ignorance, anybody have any trouble with the 10/30 mags by ASC? I want to buy a bunch. My set won't show up for a few months so I want to make sure I'm not buying something that doesn't work.
    They works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post

I was going to go with the BAD billet one, but then found War Sports bolt catch. Its melonited stainless and cost just over 40 bucks. Send a PM if you want to know where I got it, non forum sponser I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post

I was going to go with the BAD billet one, but then found War Sport Industries bolt catch. Its melonited stainless and cost just over 40 bucks. Send a PM if you want to know where I got it, non forum sponser I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by soforcy View Post
    They works fine.
    This made me smile so much. I honestly can't wait for mine to arrive now. Thanks so much.