Page 36 of 93 FirstFirst ... 162628293031323334353637383940414243444656 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkyPlinker View Post
    I’m ordering the KNS takedown pin. Two questions - just the takedown pin, not the pivot pin, correct? Do I request this mod or am I good to go with the KNS? I’m in the second order, just putting parts together.
    Thanks!
    You could employ both front and rear KNS style TD pins if you wished.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
    They decided on a solid rear pin so it was less like an AR15, helping he RCMP decide on NR status. One of many things ATRS changed functionally or dimensionally.
    Actually we opted for as supplied and installed rear cross pin so as to keep a given tolerance. Some TD pins are larger and some smaller dimension-ally, granted only by a thou or 2, but stacking tolerances makes for increased play between the upper and lower, something we are trying to keep to a minimum.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    You are correct. Just the front pin.

My understanding was this is part of what the RCMP riqures for non restricted status. Why? No clue. Maybe it has to do with dropping in a lighting link or some other prohibited modifications
    No, the criteria is simply not being able, even with hay wire or duct tape to attach and AR15 upper or lower to our reciever set halves and be able to discharge a single round, regardless of the danger to the person shooting said single round.

Apparently AR10s have a totally different criteria?

Rick/Shaun,

Several posters (myself included) have had magazine incompatibility issues due to the very slight overhang of the upper, at the top forward edge of the magwell. It seems mags that have a square profile at the front (similar to IMI beo) may not seat because of the interference from the upper. Can you confirm this issue is being looked at and corrected in time for the FA run of uppers? I don't mind much for my SS because it is going to be built into a 6.5 in the future, but the FA needs to take the IMI beo mags.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    We've developed a modification to the receivers which allows for the use of standard rear takedown pins also. If it's something you'd be interested in, email the shop : info@albertatacticalrifle.com to inquire.
    Yep, you got back to me yesterday on this. I just figure getting a KNS takedown pin is the easier option at the moment instead of sending my receiver back to you.

Quote Originally Posted by apex survival View Post
    Rick/Shaun,

Several posters (myself included) have had magazine incompatibility issues due to the very slight overhang of the upper, at the top forward edge of the magwell. It seems mags that have a square profile at the front (similar to IMI beo) may not seat because of the interference from the upper. Can you confirm this issue is being looked at and corrected in time for the FA run of uppers? I don't mind much for my SS because it is going to be built into a 6.5 in the future, but the FA needs to take the IMI beo mags.
    If you can lend us a mag for a couple of weeks we can address this I believe. We have about 50 different mags here, but not 1 of those to try, and every one we tried worked or we would have changed things till it did. NOW would be the best time as we are just switching over the mills to start to run F/A uppers.

We ARE going back to the standard size ejection port dimensions from the big bore port dimensions we ran in the SS uppers, just so you are aware.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    If you can lend us a mag for a couple of weeks we can address this I believe. We have about 50 different mags here, but not 1 of those to try, and every one we tried worked or we would have changed things till it did. NOW would be the best time as we are just switching over the mills to start to run F/A uppers.

We ARE going back to the standard size ejection port dimensions from the big bore port dimensions we ran in the SS uppers, just so you are aware.
    I will email - will lend you a magazine for test purposes.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

Quote Originally Posted by propliner View Post
    The Maple Ridge handguards look a little lighter than the ATRS receivers in the sunlight.

So great to see a high quality photo showcasing the rifle and a MRA handguard. I have an MRA handguard coming as well. Looks great! I'm going to see if ATRS can Cerekote my handguard to match the receiver set?

Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    So great to see a high quality photo showcasing the rifle and a MRA handguard. I have an MRA handguard coming as well. Looks great! I'm going to see if ATRS can Cerekote my handguard to match the receiver set?
    They have mentioned a couple of times they used G96 to get that rich black look.
    My uppers came bare with no oil and looked dull in comparison to my lower so I soaked them in G96. Matches perfectly now.
    I had a similar dull look on my Odin handguard so I gave it the same G96 treatment and now seems to be nearly identical. I think you will always have a variation in anodized color depending on who does it but this was close enough for me.
    You can maybe try that but if you are going Cerakote anyways maybe don't bother as all the oil will have to be cleaned off.

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    They have mentioned a couple of times they used G96 to get that rich black look.
    My uppers came bare with no oil and looked dull in comparison to my lower so I soaked them in G96. Matches perfectly now.
    I had a similar dull look on my Odin handguard so I gave it the same G96 treatment and now seems to be nearly identical. I think you will always have a variation in anodized color depending on who does it but this was close enough for me.
    You can maybe try that but if you are going Cerakote anyways maybe don't bother as all the oil will have to be cleaned off.
    G96 as in the cleaner stuff?