Page 38 of 93 FirstFirst ... 182830313233343536373839404142434445464858 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by b_w. View Post
    Jp will clear.
    Just checked that one out. I may keep looking kinda leaning towards something with a top rail.
    The V7 has 1.55 clearance. I wonder if there is any material a guy can file down

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Midwest Industries SP-Series handguards have a large inside diameter.

Awesome thank you. That one likes like it’s a top contender

Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Just checked that one out. I may keep looking kinda leaning towards something with a top rail.
    The V7 has 1.55 clearance. I wonder if there is any material a guy can file down
    You can put a full top rail on the jp mkIII

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pschilly View Post
    Coolio.. I was curious as to why the tone of the coating was slightly different between upper and lower. It all makes sense now!
    Upper and lower are both 7076 aluminum and when oiled should be as close to identical in color as possible. Slight variations in temperature when the part is being anodizied along with the concentration of die in the tank makes it impossible to have uppers and lowers 100% the same unless all done at the same time. The guys we use I think did a great job given the 4 to 5 month timeframe between doing the lower versus the uppers.
    The MRA handguards are made of 6061 aluminum IIRC which takes a slightly different anodizing technique than 7075 does insofar as current, temp etc in the process.
    That coupled with the fact that MRA uses a diffent anodizer than we do would account for the difference in color.
    Only 1 way to prevent this. Anodize the upper and lower in the same batch and get the same anodizer to do all parts. This is NOT practical however.
    As Shaun points out CeraKote applied to all parts at the same time will make a 100% color match.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Hey just seeing if someone could help me out with handguard options. I have a bsf cf barrel with an od of .875 and the superlative clamp on gas block with the od of 1.616. Has anyone ran anything similar and what handguard did you use. Having a hard time finding a pile of options that clear
    I'm using the Superlative adjustable clamp on block for my 0.936 gas journal, and the Aero Precision Enhanced Gen 2 handguard works with it.

How are these uppers and lowers made? Billet? Forged?

Quote Originally Posted by P11 View Post
    How are these uppers and lowers made? Billet? Forged?
    Billet.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by edge9382 View Post
    I'm using the Superlative adjustable clamp on block for my 0.936 gas journal, and the Aero Precision Enhanced Gen 2 handguard works with it.
    Thank you. I’ll take a look at this one as well

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    So you have a mod that allows use of a standard rear take down pin in place of the rear cross bar? I am a little perplexed what the benefit is given that the design requires the upper to move forwards so that the BCG can clear the lower's buffer threads.
    Does having a sliding rear takedown pin really give you that extra little bit of wiggle room to clear it he upper's rear lug from the trigger pack guys are having trouble with?
    It does make installing the upper onto the lower with certain triggers a little less of a hassle.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    If you can lend us a mag for a couple of weeks we can address this I believe. We have about 50 different mags here, but not 1 of those to try, and every one we tried worked or we would have changed things till it did. NOW would be the best time as we are just switching over the mills to start to run F/A uppers.

We ARE going back to the standard size ejection port dimensions from the big bore port dimensions we ran in the SS uppers, just so you are aware.
    Not to stir the pot here but I called in to ATRS on Feb 11 to let them know that my IMI mags (Gen 1, basically the 30 round body version of the IMI Beo ones) did not seat easily nor drop free. My metal mags work fine as does my one PMAG. A little filing on the front of the IMI mags makes them run problem free, so I'm not complaining, but there does seem to be an issue with the overhang of the upper receiver. Still happy with mine.