Page 39 of 93 FirstFirst ... 192931323334353637383940414243444546474959 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

For the 22LR folks out there, I think I have another option for you - the Tactical Solutions AR22 conversion kit ( https://www.tacticalsol.com/ar-22-se...-barrelandbolt ) which is VERY nicely machined.

I don't have the equipment or the enthusiasm to modify my kit to work, but it very much looks like there is plenty of meat on the back end to mill off the 0.175 inch needed to get this to work in the MS. See photos:

There is plenty of material to remove, and the buffer spring guide (the thin rod on top) has plenty of material before the lip that seats it an retains it. A quick go with the appropriate tools to take the top back portion off of the BCG would allow it to seat just like a regular AR BCG.

The barrel is just over 16" and the quality on this kit is significantly better than the CMMG one (I have both).

If any enterprising person wants to give it a go with the TacSol kit hit me up with a PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jadam View Post
    For the 22LR folks out there, I think I have another option for you - the Tactical Solutions AR22 conversion kit ( https://www.tacticalsol.com/ar-22-se...-barrelandbolt ) which is VERY nicely machined.

I don't have the equipment or the enthusiasm to modify my kit to work, but it very much looks like there is plenty of meat on the back end to mill off the 0.175 inch needed to get this to work in the MS. See photos:

There is plenty of material to remove, and the buffer spring guide (the thin rod on top) has plenty of material before the lip that seats it an retains it. A quick go with the appropriate tools to take the top back portion off of the BCG would allow it to seat just like a regular AR BCG.

The barrel is just over 16" and the quality on this kit is significantly better than the CMMG one (I have both).

If any enterprising person wants to give it a go with the TacSol kit hit me up with a PM.
    Could be a great option if it is also offered with short barrels!
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    Could be a great option if it is also offered with short barrels!
    Could be a great option if it was offered with an 18.5” barrel.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shorerider View Post
    Could be a great option if it was offered with an 18.5” barrel.
    What for? Rimfire have no barrel length requirements.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:29 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by onetwentyish View Post
    What for? Rimfire have no barrel length requirements.
    That may be, but how badly does a guy want to trust LE and how much $$ does 1 want to spend to make a point?
    Given that Murray Smith has already told us that only by someone being charged with an offense will the law be clarified on this. To me this seems like hundreds of thousands of dollars at stake for someone but more importantly you then have a firearms related charge on the books, which can make admissibility tricky in many countries, the USA being the biggest concern.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Anyone else find that a Radium Raptor charging handle is very tight?

Maybe Atrs or someone else will organize a group buy from 2a or tacsol for a kit with 18.6 barrel . Other than that it’s not worth the risk to go any shorter with the barrel. I’d like to have a proper 1/16 twist 18.6 barrel and not use a kit in 223

Hence why I am not interested in playing the game. Figured others might be more.....enthusiastic.

I do believe a competent smith could make a barrel to interface with the BCG. So perhaps someone with deep pockets or a machine shop.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRedViking View Post
    Anyone else find that a Radium Raptor charging handle is very tight?
    Mine is fine.