Page 3 of 93 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Cabbose View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if the Magpul BEV block works? If not can the block be modified?
    I have not personally tried, but if you remove the roll pin and lower the "magazine" part, it works

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Ok did I hear that correct......you had to do what, use a file to get something to work? LOL... I am not hammering on such a fine product, but I couldn’t resist.
    If you're comparing slight modification to allow a non milspec part to fit a sporter, to a another product that you need to drill out pin holes, file mag wells, and ream the safety hole in order to install a basic set of parts..... Oh and send it for proper finishing ..... That's just funny.
    Build an AR15, not all parts fit all recievers. But the competitors offering made NEAs product look top shelf.

Personally I would hold off filling anything... Maybe there is a solution rather than taking a grinder to it

Quote Originally Posted by Cabbose View Post
    Has anyone confirmed if the Magpul BEV block works? If not can the block be modified?
    Already been discussed. Apparently it can work with modification. Just buy a barrel tool that clamps into your vise and has teeth to mate into the barrel extension like a bolt face would. They’re $60-70
    "Victory favours the prepared"

CGN frequent flyer
    Anyone know the best way to install a 22LR Barrel? You can’t use a reaction rod or bev block, and the clamshell won’t fit the upper. Just dremel the clamshell till it fits? I probably won’t need it for regular AR uppers anymore but before I modify it I thought I’d ask and see if there’s an easier way.

Quote Originally Posted by purplezuk View Post
    I have not personally tried, but if you remove the roll pin and lower the "magazine" part, it works
    That's what I did. Works like a charm. And if you lower it just right you can use the pin to hold the upper on the bev block

I'm combing through the various threads around this trying to get an understanding of what additional parts are needed to assemble this into a functional rifle, if I'm tracking correctly the list would be something like this? If this has been covered and I'm just not seeing it please let me know.

- Barrel
    - Charging Handle
    - Bolt Group/Firing pin
    - Handguard
    - Muzzle Device/Flash hider
    - Buttstock
    - Handgrip/pistol grip
    - Gas block
    - Trigger group
    - Magazines
    - Sights

Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post
    I'm combing through the various threads around this trying to get an understanding of what additional parts are needed to assemble this into a functional rifle, if I'm tracking correctly the list would be something like this? If this has been covered and I'm just not seeing it please let me know.

- Barrel
    - Charging Handle
    - Bolt Group/Firing pin
    - Handguard
    - Buttstock
    - Handgrip/pistol grip
    - Gas block
    - Trigger group
    - Magazines
    - Sights
    Basically the same as a typical AR build, except for the rear takedown pin and trigger guard/pin that come with most lower parts kits (LPKs) and the one little c-clip that attaches to the dust cover rod.

A good place to start reading:

google "definitive-guide-building-ar-15" I couldn't post the link directly but that cheaper than dirt article s a good quick read with lots of handy links.
    Last edited by BCreserveMP; 02-09-2019 at 12:26 PM.
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Devlin View Post

- Barrel
    - Charging Handle
    - Bolt Group/Firing pin
    - Handguard
    - Buttstock
    - Handgrip/pistol grip
    - Gas block
    - Trigger group
    - Magazines
    - Sights
    Ejection port cover
    Front pivot/ takedown pin.
    LPK
    Buffertube,spring and buffer

So I did have one hiccup. The top rail seems to be a bit narrow....optics bolted up fine, but I had to squeeze the piss out of my BUIS to get it to lock in. There are three threads out the end vs flush to 1 thread on all the other rails I've tried.
    I am a kit hor(der)

I will be assembling my upper here today, originally had purchased a reaction rod but it seems to be a lot of people don't like them due to the torque they put on the index pin...am I better off and safer to use a BEV block or other method?
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!