Page 44 of 93 FirstFirst ... 243436373839404142434445464748495051525464 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    Looks really close.

At least it looks like only a small amount of filing is needed. I haven't seen anyone else with this issue so maybe manufacturing tolerances just stacked against you in this regard?
    Don't think it was bad luck, no one else has posted a working building with a triggertech adaptable.

There's been a couple others that have tried with the TriggerTech adaptable and ran into the first roadblock, which was getting the rear lug on the upper past the fixed rear takedown pin. I'm just pointing out there's another roadblock past that.

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Don't think it was bad luck, no one else has posted a working building with a triggertech adaptable.

There's been a couple others that have tried with the TriggerTech adaptable and ran into the first roadblock, which was getting the rear lug on the upper past the fixed rear takedown pin. I'm just pointing out there's another roadblock past that.
    Hmm, that's unfortunate cuz I have an Adaptive I was planning on using in this build. Oh well, doesn't look like much will need to be filed down anyways once you get KNS pins.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperDeadlyAccountant View Post
    Could just put the upper on at the range, then you're not technically taking it anywhere.

I joke, it's one of the options I considering seeing as I'm getting a sporter receiver set anyways.
    Yes you could. Any chance someone in LE is at the same range and may know just enough about the law to be dangerous? I KNOW from experience that legal matters are NOT cheap to resolve and that ANY firearms related charges can screw you life when it comes to international borders.

Someone mentioned us being our own worst enemy, which is 110% true. Between a spat between gun shops we have the Swiss Arms debacle. With all of the banter regarding Beowulf mags, they now need to be neutered to 2 rounds. Ruger had to push the envelope with the POS Charger pistol which screwed us all over for mags that have been legal for 40 years and that I would hazard have made many thousands of us criminals as I know damned few guys have surrendered them as we are supposed to.

Shaun, no offence, but are you a lawyer who specializes in firearms law? Do you intend to cover someones legal defence should they pursue this "grey area"? Or does that fall onto the shops owner?

Guys do you not think that the RCMP is salivating for test cases to push their agenda of gun control further and are we not waving the bait for them to take a bite at?
    There are PLENTY of cheap AR receiver sets available and I suspect more to come as more of the NR wannabee sets get out. Why not simply leave a sleeping dog or in this case, fed, sleep?

NOTHING is truly illegal, until you get caught. Not that long ago a fellow making Sten guns in his basement got ratted out for shooting them "legally" at the range, or so he thought. The problem was the configuration he made was only legal to own "in parts" as once assembled it was a select fire gun, therefore prohibited.
    Last edited by no-one special; 02-24-2019 at 11:00 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Please don’t put a restricted length barrel on an MS and swap it around.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    Does anyone else have issues with the rubberized Magpul Moe pistol grip with the dove tail. I have a gap of between 1/16 and 1/8 of an inch.

Same with the k2
    I am a kit hor(der)

My set came the other day. It’s the first time I’ve encountered this problem. Maybe it’s already been covered in the other threads and I missed it. I did a bunch of looking though. Not my first build and the parts I’ve tried have been used in other builds except one tube I bought brand new for this build.
    I’ve tried 3 adjustable milspec buffer tubes and none will thread all the way into my lower. 2 go less than a full turn. 1 goes a couple turns. However my A1stock buffer tube threads in no problem and so does the tube for my magpul ubr.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster_pot View Post
    My set came the other day. It’s the first time I’ve encountered this problem. Maybe it’s already been covered in the other threads and I missed it. I did a bunch of looking though. Not my first build and the parts I’ve tried have been used in other builds except one tube I bought brand new for this build.
    I’ve tried 3 adjustable milspec buffer tubes and none will thread all the way into my lower. 2 go less than a full turn. 1 goes a couple turns. However my A1stock buffer tube threads in no problem and so does the tube for my magpul ubr.
    Look carefully at all the threads on your tube. Make sure they are all perfectly sharp and straight, there is more than likely a ding (or more) in there somewhere. They easily get dinged up at the factory by bumping into other tubes and what not. The collar on the rifle tubes kinda protect the threads from getting digned up.
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

I checked all 3 tubes over. 1 was brand new in plastic packaging. Threads look perfect and sharp. The other 2 tubes have been used multiple times and always worked ok. The UBR tube and A1 tube screwed right in no problem. Other tubes bind

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    Look carefully at all the threads on your tube. Make sure they are all perfectly sharp and straight, there is more than likely a ding (or more) in there somewhere. They easily get dinged up at the factory by bumping into other tubes and what not. The collar on the rifle tubes kinda protect the threads from getting digned up.

It really not uncommon for a brand new tube to be dinged up. What manufacturer made the tubes?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.