Page 45 of 93 FirstFirst ... 253537383940414243444546474849505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by Lobster_pot View Post
    My set came the other day. It’s the first time I’ve encountered this problem. Maybe it’s already been covered in the other threads and I missed it. I did a bunch of looking though. Not my first build and the parts I’ve tried have been used in other builds except one tube I bought brand new for this build.
    I’ve tried 3 adjustable milspec buffer tubes and none will thread all the way into my lower. 2 go less than a full turn. 1 goes a couple turns. However my A1stock buffer tube threads in no problem and so does the tube for my magpul ubr.
    I know they said they cut their threads right at the limit to ensure tight fit. My barrel nut was very tight all the way. My buffer tube went in easy though.

I took the tubes off my AR and my other nonrestricted AR style. Both those tubes worked in the sporter fine. But all the tubes that I have worked fine in both those lowers. So not a problem I can switch them around and get the build done just sucks the one I bought for this build won’t fit. I only bought it because it as cerakoted the color I wanted. Lol

For those curious about G96.
    Once I applied it to my upper it matched perfect to my lower that was oiled by ATRS.
    My Odin O2 lite handguard was quite dull compared to my reciever set so I gave it a soak as well and now it matches the MS perfectly.
    Before
    Name:  20190215_220558.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  49.1 KB
    After
    Name:  20190226_224637.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  89.5 KB
    Name:  20190226_223825.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  146.6 KB

Any word on the jp buffers yet?

Quote Originally Posted by scourge18a View Post
    For those curious about G96.
    Once I applied it to my upper it matched perfect to my lower that was oiled by ATRS.
    My Odin O2 lite handguard was quite dull compared to my reciever set so I gave it a soak as well and now it matches the MS perfectly.
    Before
    Name:  20190215_220558.jpg
Views: 447
Size:  49.1 KB
    After
    Name:  20190226_224637.jpg
Views: 451
Size:  89.5 KB
    Name:  20190226_223825.jpg
Views: 454
Size:  146.6 KB
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR SHARING. I’ve been batting around the idea of Cerakoting my upper/lower and handguard to have the set match... this confirms oiling it gets things close enough that I won’t lose any sleep over it lol.

How often does one need to oil things to keep them matching?

I recieved my lower oiled with G96 from ATRS, I applied G96 to my upper then to my handguard.
    Just one thorough application with G96 Gun Treatment, I let it sit for 10+ minutes as per directions then wiped off. It soaks in and looks more uniform after a couple of days.
    I'll be doing my Odin O2 Lite 308 handguard for my Stag as well so it matches better.
    ATRS says 7075 aluminum and Odin says they use 6061 but I am very happy with the color afterwards. Other products may vary as per what ATRS has said regarding this earlier, different anodizing dyes etc.

CGN Regular
    My midwest industries handguard also looked like a much close match to the receivers after a coat of G96

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    Any word on the jp buffers yet?
    Still waiting for the US D.O.S. to rubber stamp the permit, then they can be shipped up. Until they do, we all wait.
    The day they arrive notification will be sent out to those who have them on order.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lobster_pot View Post
    I took the tubes off my AR and my other nonrestricted AR style. Both those tubes worked in the sporter fine. But all the tubes that I have worked fine in both those lowers. So not a problem I can switch them around and get the build done just sucks the one I bought for this build won’t fit. I only bought it because it as cerakoted the color I wanted. Lol
    IF the threads of your tube were CeraKoted that adds about .002" dimensionally which could be the source of your issue. We single point cut all of our threads to the "exact" size spec'ed, none of this plus or minus a few thou from our shop.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    IF the threads of your tube were CeraKoted that adds about .002" dimensionally which could be the source of your issue. We single point cut all of our threads to the "exact" size spec'ed, none of this plus or minus a few thou from our shop.
    The cerakoted tube in question threads easily into my MV and other AR style rifle. I haven’t tried it in my dd mk18 but I will when I get a chance. The tubes that were in the MV and other rifle worked in my MS. It could possibly be the cerakote but I do have another couple tubes that won’t work as well. Not a big deal I have one that will work. Just something I noticed.