Page 47 of 93 FirstFirst ... 273739404142434445464748495051525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Anyone have issues with gen3 pmags?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Are you looking for best accuracy or best price? We have done up quite a few custom barrels that are achieving stellar accuracy. If you already have a bolt we would cut the chamber to headspace correctly using your bolt, or can supply 1 for you. We also can produce a barrel in any contour imaginable. A custom barrel may be a little more money but you then get precisely what you want in every way.
    More concerned with price and weight, than accuracy. Unless 1 - 1.5 MOA is too much to expect for $500 or so. I do have a JP bolt and bcg for it already.

I have noticed the mounting system prevents many trigger option from being installed. My choice was a HyperFire which is unfortunately on the no go list.

CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I have noticed the mounting system prevents many trigger option from being installed. My choice was a HyperFire which is unfortunately on the no go list.

Can you remove the rear pin, slide your trigger in, then reinstall the pin?
    It’s what I did for my HSNM, unfortunately, because of the the adjusting screw being on top of the disconnector, it was a bit to snug.

That may work however the idea of manipulating the rear pin in such a fashion will lead to future problems.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    That may work however the idea of manipulating the rear pin in such a fashion will lead to future problems.
    It’s only held in by a screw, what future problems do you see?
    I think the hook is to thick ,as well

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:31 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Tried my MS today. It’s having issues with feeding and not locking bolt to rear. The tolerance seems pretty tight on the bolt catch where it meets the face of the bolt. Some mags choked on every round or 2nd round. As it got broke in seems to run better. Went 3 full mags with not issue. Then having intermittent issues. My question is obviously I’ll chwck gas block alignment bc it seems undergassed. But I’m running a normal adjustable stock with carbine buffer spring and weight. Could this also be causing? Should i switch to rifle length spring and weight ? I’m
    "Victory favours the prepared"

Mine ran excellent with a brownells carbine buffer and spring. 20 inch barrel and mid length tube.
    I’d check the gas block

Quote Originally Posted by Brianma65 View Post
    Mine ran excellent with a brownells carbine buffer and spring. 20 inch barrel and mid length tube.
    I’d check the gas block
    My barrel has rifle length gas tube
    "Victory favours the prepared"