Page 4 of 93 FirstFirst 1234567891011121424 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    use the tool you bought ignore weird internet neck bearding

CGN Regular
    Anyone else having a problem with the magpul pistol grip screw bottoming out on the lower and not being able to tighten it down

Quote Originally Posted by upinsmokeweldinginc View Post
    Anyone else having a problem with the magpul pistol grip screw bottoming out on the lower and not being able to tighten it down
    This was disclosed a few months ago. Cut the screw with a hacksaw or similar device or use a washer. I used a 1/4 lock washer.

Quote Originally Posted by ThatM305Guy View Post
    So I did have one hiccup. The top rail seems to be a bit narrow....optics bolted up fine, but I had to squeeze the piss out of my BUIS to get it to lock in. There are three threads out the end vs flush to 1 thread on all the other rails I've tried.
    Crap. That's not good. What backup sight is it?
    There are only two types of people in this world, those who want to control others, and those who have no such desire. The former is the enemy of humanity.

Stand together. Stand strong. Don't give them an inch for they will take a mile.

CGN Regular
    Grease the threads, as well as a bit where the barrel nut contacts the barrel extension. Torque to spec. I just built 5 on Thursday with a reaction rod, nothing to worry about

Quote Originally Posted by Dietz View Post
    Crap. That's not good. What backup sight is it?
    FAB defense. If it wasnt polymer I dont think i would have been able to tighten it down without it rattling around loose.
    Last edited by ThatM305Guy; 02-09-2019 at 09:42 PM.
    I am a kit hor(der)

Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Basically the same as a typical AR build, except for the rear takedown pin and trigger guard/pin that come with most lower parts kits (LPKs) and the one little c-clip that attaches to the dust cover rod.

A good place to start reading:

google "definitive-guide-building-ar-15" I couldn't post the link directly but that cheaper than dirt article s a good quick read with lots of handy links.
    How is the dust cover pin retained without the c clip?
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -Ben Franklin
    One cannot successfully legislate an object to control an action. QuickDraw16

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by QuickDraw16 View Post
    How is the dust cover pin retained without the c clip?
    Mine is retained by the barrel nut of my handguard

Are the strike industries dust covers recommended? It's funny enough my last part of my build I haven't bought. Anyone ran these plastic ones yet?
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    Are the strike industries dust covers recommended? It's funny enough my last part of my build I haven't bought. Anyone ran these plastic ones yet?
    I put one on my upper. Easy to install and quiet when it pops open. It's fairly thick so easy to manually open when your on a stand and ole wiley is coming in.
    Stand and deliver - freedom is not free, and never has been. Resist the Reset!