Page 50 of 93 FirstFirst ... 304042434445464748495051525354555657586070 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by smokenhope View Post
    Anyone have issues with gen3 pmags?
    Yes, I have had issues with gen 3 pmags not locking in at all. They have a chunk of plastic on the back side that seems to hit the bottom of the magwell. Gen 2 pmags i could get them in fine but they wont drop free. I couldn't get my Tapco mags to lock in either as they were catching a little lip of the upper where the upper and lower meet. Also IMI 10 rounders are pretty tight. the old ATRS mags fit great. I haven't tried any steels mags but sounds like they work fine for most guys so I have some coming.

I think someone was going to send ATRS some magazines to test. Not sure where they will go from there.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    I am like a Crow with shiny things.

Haha same here

Quote Originally Posted by blkmrkt View Post
    Yes, I have had issues with gen 3 pmags not locking in at all. They have a chunk of plastic on the back side that seems to hit the bottom of the magwell. Gen 2 pmags i could get them in fine but they wont drop free. I couldn't get my Tapco mags to lock in either as they were catching a little lip of the upper where the upper and lower meet. Also IMI 10 rounders are pretty tight. the old ATRS mags fit great. I haven't tried any steels mags but sounds like they work fine for most guys so I have some coming.

I think someone was going to send ATRS some magazines to test. Not sure where they will go from there.
    My metal mags work fine.

CCFR — CSSA

how do you know it’s out of spec? Did you check the spring because you would hate to change the tube and have the identical issue when using the original spring.

Yes. ID of the tube is shorter than my colt.
    "Victory favours the prepared"

how do you know it’s out of spec? Did you check the spring because you would hate to change the tube and have the identical issue when using the original spring.
    I had a buffer tube with a step in the end of it. Almost like it wasnt done being machined. Caused me problems. Short strokes and couldn't use a scs in it and the thread were out of spec and wouldnt screw into my ms. It went in the garbage.

I got Triggertech adaptable to fit by removing the adjustment screw and removing material from the back of the pack. I am leaving the screw out since current trigger pull is sitting at 2.1lbs but could run it with the adjustment screw in as well if you wanted.

Couple things left to do on my build since the superlative adjustable touches the handguard so looking for a different .936 adjustable (anyone have any leads on this? I’ve tried the usual suspects) and my current bolt/barrel combo failed headspace on the no-go and I don’t have a field gauge.

My metal mags work fine.

Good to know. I'll just run the metal mags then. Good video by the way.

CGN Regular
    I got Triggertech adaptable to fit by removing the adjustment screw and removing material from the back of the pack. I am leaving the screw out since current trigger pull is sitting at 2.1lbs but could run it with the adjustment screw in as well if you wanted.

Couple things left to do on my build since the superlative adjustable touches the handguard so looking for a different .936 adjustable (anyone have any leads on this? I’ve tried the usual suspects) and my current bolt/barrel combo failed headspace on the no-go and I don’t have a field gauge.
    Do you have a picture showing how much you needed to remove from the back of the trigger?

I can’t post pictures but basically almost level with the rest of the pack, and then made a 45ish degree angle down on the back, you can see what material needs to go when looking at it

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Do you have a picture showing how much you needed to remove from the back of the trigger?
    I've been emailing back and forth with Triggertech regarding this, and they've stated that the back of the housing can be machined/cut but you'd need a new (shorter) set screw in there.

With their newest release hanging just around the corner, and it looks to be an absolutely incredible trigger, I really want to make sure we have something figured out for a simple straight-forward solution for the compatibility with their larger trigger housings.