Page 51 of 93 FirstFirst ... 314143444546474849505152535455565758596171 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    I've been emailing back and forth with Triggertech regarding this, and they've stated that the back of the housing can be machined/cut but you'd need a new (shorter) set screw in there.

With their newest release hanging just around the corner, and it looks to be an absolutely incredible trigger, I really want to make sure we have something figured out for a simple straight-forward solution for the compatibility with their larger trigger housings.
    Yeah a guy could run a shorter screw in there if you want a little more pull weight, with it left out it just leaves the trigger at its lightest setting as far as I can tell. And this fits great without changing the rear pin setup as well.

That’s interesting they are coming out with a new release, I have always liked their triggers they have been my go-to between them and geissele sd-e in everything.

Quote Originally Posted by smokenhope View Post
    Yeah a guy could run a shorter screw in there if you want a little more pull weight, with it left out it just leaves the trigger at its lightest setting as far as I can tell. And this fits great without changing the rear pin setup as well.

That’s interesting they are coming out with a new release, I have always liked their triggers they have been my go-to between them and geissele sd-e in everything.
    Backing the screw out to its lightest setting has led to uncontrollable mag dumps......taking it out entirely is not the method to get around this shortcoming.
    CCFR — CSSA

BANNED
    I wouldn't call 10 rounds a mag dump.

I can’t post pictures but basically almost level with the rest of the pack, and then made a 45ish degree angle down on the back, you can see what material needs to go when looking at it
    Fixed.
    I am sure you could shorten the screw yourself if you are halfway competent, and TT advertises it to be safe....
    Name:  IMG_0311.jpg
Views: 444
Size:  34.9 KB
    Name:  Screenshot_20190306-200254_Chrome.jpg
Views: 445
Size:  49.7 KB
    Last edited by scourge18a; 03-06-2019 at 11:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sqr View Post
    Backing the screw out to its lightest setting has led to uncontrollable mag dumps......taking it out entirely is not the method to get around this shortcoming.
    I usually run them with just a couple clicks to put enough tension on that the screw doesn’t fall out so almost the same. Haven’t experienced one of these wild “uncontrollable mag dumps”. And like Shaun and I have already said could always put a screw in there if you are that concerned and like a heavier trigger pull.

And thanks for posting the pic scourge, could probably go a little less and get away with that’s just where I went to ensure no clearance issues. The bevel at the back does need to be there though.

CGN Regular
    I usually run them with just a couple clicks to put enough tension on that the screw doesn’t fall out so almost the same. Haven’t experienced one of these wild “uncontrollable mag dumps”. And like Shaun and I have already said could always put a screw in there if you are that concerned and like a heavier trigger pull.

And thanks for posting the pic scourge, could probably go a little less and get away with that’s just where I went to ensure no clearance issues. The bevel at the back does need to be there though.
    Are you getting yours to fit without needing to remove the rear pin as well?

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Are you getting yours to fit without needing to remove the rear pin as well?
    Yep fits with standard rear pin setup

Hey guys. Whats that rly small spring on the lower just above the magwell. I cant figure out for the life of me what its for.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:32 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Don’t say you haven’t been warned.
    CCFR — CSSA