Page 54 of 93 FirstFirst ... 344446474849505152535455565758596061626474 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CCFR — CSSA

What are you guys using for dust convers?

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    Strike industries, Easy to take on and off. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod97282.aspx

Is anyone using a Hipperfire Eclipse trigger? I have one waiting for instal but I seem to remember someone saying they won't fit. Any help would be appreciated.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pipeliner View Post
    Tried a couple. The first el-cheapo no-name brand was kind of sloppy and wouldn't open reliably.

Tried one of the Strike covers and it wouldn't even snap closed.

Tried another Strike cover and it would close, but wouldn't always stay closed and would pop open from almost anything.

Ended up with a V7 ultra light. It closes nicely, stays closed and opens reliably with the bolt. It's staying put now.

The Strike are super nice to install and remove though, so I was honestly hoping one of them would be the answer for me.

BANNED
    You know the strike cover detent is adjustable right ? you screw on unscrew it to fit .

Last edited by DILLIGAF; 03-09-2019 at 01:34 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ssapach's Avatar
    I wasn't actually aware of that.

Since I have time waiting for my scope repair, I might have to give them a try again. Although it doesn't exactly matter now, since the V7 fits and functions just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    Strike industries, Easy to take on and off. https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...prod97282.aspx

Thanks DILLIGAF!!!

CGN Regular
    Hey guys just seeing what ya recommend for a buffer system. I went with the brownells lightweight bcg and was thinking about running it with a superlative adjustable gas block. Was doing some reading and wanna ensure reliability.

GunNutz
    I’m running a superlative adjustable gas block and Brownells light weight carrier. Standard Carbine buffer works fine, I had a silent recoil system in mine at first but it wouldn’t allow my bolt to travel far enough to lock open, not sure if it was a one off thing with my parts or what. Either way if you’re running an 18.5” barrel and rifle length gas system like me you don’t really need the adjustable gas block, mines just about full open anyway and you save a tiny bit of wheight and one less point of failure