Page 55 of 93 FirstFirst ... 354547484950515253545556575859606162636575 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    I’m running a superlative adjustable gas block and Brownells light weight carrier. Standard Carbine buffer works fine, I had a silent recoil system in mine at first but it wouldn’t allow my bolt to travel far enough to lock open, not sure if it was a one off thing with my parts or what. Either way if you’re running an 18.5” barrel and rifle length gas system like me you don’t really need the adjustable gas block, mines just about full open anyway and you save a tiny bit of wheight and one less point of failure
    Thank you. I was reading the opposite on another forum and someone was saying to run a jp silent capture but they are pricey and I’d rather save the money for some high end optics. This is good to know. Just the standard spring weight is reliable?

GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by 6ohmoney View Post
    Thank you. I was reading the opposite on another forum and someone was saying to run a jp silent capture but they are pricey and I’d rather save the money for some high end optics. This is good to know. Just the standard spring weight is reliable?
    Ya you bet I’m running a cheap Brownells Buffer and spring

You should be fine with regular buffer and spring. I've run that with 18.6" barrel, rifle length gas, Brownells low mass BCG and Odin adjustable gas block with no issue.
    I am using a Taccom lightweight buffer set now with less gas.

I’m running an 18.6” barrel with mid length gas. I’m thinking a bcm buffer but is an adjustable gas block worth it?
    Hitchvault.ca

CGN Ultra frequent flyer propliner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by scottcullen View Post
    I’m running an 18.6” barrel with mid length gas. I’m thinking a bcm buffer but is an adjustable gas block worth it?
    I have the same barrel and standard gas block. It functions well and ejects to the 3:00 position.

Great! I’ll pick up a BCM gas block as well. Thanks
    Hitchvault.ca

Anyone else ,like me, find out there upper is in the first production run yet the lower will be from the 2nd production run?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:34 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by matrim View Post
    Anyone else ,like me, find out there upper is in the first production run yet the lower will be from the 2nd production run?
    Pretty sure ATRS said they were doing all the uppers ss and fa for the second batch with the first then they’ll do the second batch of lowers.

Just a simple question. I've assembled many AR's but have never come across the little threaded cap and ball bearing stapled to the FRT that came with my reciever set...any idea what its for? (I've gone through a few pages of this forum but haven't found an answer) Thanks in advance for any help!
    DSC_0680 by , on Flickr
    CSSA/NFA/CCFR Member