Page 61 of 93 FirstFirst ... 415153545556575859606162636465666768697181 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    The cam pin gets caught on the upper, there isn't enough room machined for it. My BCG took a chunk out of my upper.
    Isn’t it normal for the cam pin to take a chunk out of the side of the cam box before it “stabalizes”?
    I want you to be pleased with your purchase, so do not hesitate one bit to ask questions before purchase! If we do decide to go forward with payment, I assume that you are satisfied with all info provided before payment. This is a polite as-is disclaimer.

I ship at least once a week on my day off.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    Isn’t it normal for the cam pin to take a chunk out of the side of the cam box before it “stabalizes”?
    Yes, cam pin wear on the upper is 100% normal.

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Finally got around to filing down the rear adjustment screw housing on my TriggerTech adjustable and with the KNS takedown pin it works 100% no issues getting the upper and lower to mate now. I filed down the adjustment screw housing so it was almost flush with the rest of the trigger body, and I kept the adjustment screw out (no issues there either when firing).

Took it out to the range today as well for the first time. Pleasantly surprised I didn't have any gas block issues or have to make any adjustments to it.

Is there still rattling between the upper and lower using the KNS Rear takedown pin ?

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Finally got around to filing down the rear adjustment screw housing on my TriggerTech adjustable and with the KNS takedown pin it works 100% no issues getting the upper and lower to mate now. I filed down the adjustment screw housing so it was almost flush with the rest of the trigger body, and I kept the adjustment screw out (no issues there either when firing).

Took it out to the range today as well for the first time. Pleasantly surprised I didn't have any gas block issues or have to make any adjustments to it.

Great looking setup.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PinaKaleada View Post
    On my other AR-15s it didn't.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by XperienceDUDE View Post
    Is there still rattling between the upper and lower using the KNS Rear takedown pin ?
    Mines pretty tight. There is some very slight play but I don't have a rattle

Quote Originally Posted by no-one special View Post
    I am curious as to exactly what issues you speak of? The larger ejection port allows for the use of any cartridge to eject properly, specifically the big bores.
    This same port size and geometry is used by quite a few makers and apart from a few internet warriors concerns, in the real world the larger opening is NOT a problem in any way that effects the operation of the rifle.
    Honestly I’m not sure what the issue was. But ATRS has confirmed the FA uppers and second run of SS next spring will have the “standard” openings as apprised to the oversized openings on the first run of SS uppers.

Since I’ve only held one slick side that was already assembled I can’t say I saw any issues.
    Last edited by Whiteannerdy; 03-26-2019 at 02:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 09outlander View Post
    $&%^, wasn't planning on buying a new trigger. Would be nice if that rear pin was removable.
    I had the rear pin modification done to my MS lower. $50 at ATRS. It now uses a normal rear pin and my Geissele High Speed National Match fit without any modifications. Call Shaun at ATRS, he dealt with my lower, he'll sort you out.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brianma65's Avatar
    Is the modification to the hook on the upper?

Tell us more about that mod please