Page 72 of 93 FirstFirst ... 526264656667686970717273747576777879808292 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    My R-one won’t fit. I think they are the same except for the top rail.
    Thanks - appreciate the heads up. (And yes, they appear to have an identical anti rotation design)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by B34R View Post
    Thanks - appreciate the heads up. (And yes, they appear to have an identical anti rotation design)
    You would have to machine the anti rotation tabs off completely.

CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

You would have to machine the anti rotation tabs off completely.
    A damned shame, but thoroughly appreciate you uploading the visual.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Anyone build a big bore on one of these yet? Want info as to how it ejects and the size of port you have on your upper.

50beo, 458socom, 450 bushmaster, or Rem 30AR calibers specifically.

Smaller cartridges ejecting is of no concern.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:36 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Quote Originally Posted by Madman242 View Post
    Does anyone know if V7's A5 buffer tubes are good to go? I have a VLTOR backordered at Brownells but want to have a plan B in case they aren't back in stock any time soon. I'd pair the V7 tube with the VLTOR A5 buffer/spring kit and a Magpul STR if it'll work.
    If you are going to run a rifle length gas system on it, you may have problems with the VLTOR A% buffer being a bit too heavy. I used one with an 18" AR and it would have cycling problems now and then. Swap back to a H1-H2 and it's runs with no issues. That being said, the recoil with the A5 installed was basically non-existent.

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    The first run of slick side uppers (which are already completed) has a large ejection port to accommodate big bore cartridges.

From what I understand there were a few people who didn't take kindly to the larger opening for some reason or another therefore ATRS has decided to go with the standard size opening on ALL uppers going forward.

I do however seem to recall a post where ATRS said that if you are planning to do a big bore caliber you are to notify them and they will still make your upper with the larger port opening.
    Thanks, I know all of this, but even arts has said the cartridge physically fits, but they have not tried to see if a big bore cartridge will actually eject in operation.

So this is why I am asking for a response by someone who has actually built a functioning big bore rifle on an arts receiver and the size of ejection port they have on said upper
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    Anyone build a big bore on one of these yet? Want info as to how it ejects and the size of port you have on your upper.

50beo, 458socom, 450 bushmaster, or Rem 30AR calibers specifically.

Smaller cartridges ejecting is of no concern.
    I have a 50 beowolf on my slickside.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

I have a 50 beowolf on my slickside.
    Operational? Any issues with ejection? And finally, what is your actual port size?

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRadar View Post
    If you are going to run a rifle length gas system on it, you may have problems with the VLTOR A% buffer being a bit too heavy. I used one with an 18" AR and it would have cycling problems now and then. Swap back to a H1-H2 and it's runs with no issues. That being said, the recoil with the A5 installed was basically non-existent.
    I will be going with rifle length gas, but on a 20" barrel. That should help, no? The A5 kit uses the A5H2 buffer.