CanadianGunNutz.com logo, Firearms News and Classifieds in Canada

Page 74 of 82 FirstFirst ... 54646667686970717273747576777879808182 LastLast
Results 731 to 740 of 816

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

  1. #731
    Super GunNutz jiffx2781's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Onterrible
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by griffin86 View Post
    I put a strike FA on one and it drags too. I can still insert the BCG though.
    Ok, thanks for confirming that the issue is with the SI FA assembly.

    It's not inserting the bcg that's the problem with mine. It's getting it back out that is swear word inducing hahaha. Kinda sucks because I have 5 of the SI kits. Oh well


    Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    Just grind some off?
    I may do this to one and see how it goes but I'm not convinced it will work properly afterwards. There's quite a bit needing removed.


    Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    On a second note how the heck do you have your upper. I ordered mine over 6 months ago and still have 3 months wait. Lucky duck
    I started ordering lowers before the horse cops agreed that they weren't too scary to sell to us peasants lol..

    Also was one of the people bugging Rick for forward assist uppers before he decided to go ahead with making them. Ordered as soon as they could be ordered.

    If ya wanna play ya gotta be quick man....
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 06-10-2019 at 04:02 PM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

  2. #732
    CGN Regular rimlick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    557
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Ok, thanks for confirming that the issue is with the SI FA assembly.

    It's not inserting the bcg that's the problem with mine. It's getting it back out that is swear word inducing hahaha. Kinda sucks because I have 5 of the SI kits. Oh well




    I may do this to one and see how it goes but I'm not convinced it will work properly afterwards. There's quite a bit needing removed.




    I started ordering lowers before the horse cops agreed that they weren't too scary to sell to us peasants lol..

    Also was one of the people bugging Rick for forward assist uppers before he decided to go ahead with making them. Ordered as soon as they could be ordered.

    If ya wanna play ya gotta be quick man....
    I literally ordered the F/A the day they were available on the website. Not sure how I could be be quicker. But oh well.
    www.canadiangunnutz.com

  3. #733
    CGN Regular Leadbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    315
    So is this an issue with all forward assist buttons ? Or only the strike buttons because I grabbed a strike one also.

  4. #734
    CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Saskatchewan
    Posts
    4,929
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    So is this an issue with all forward assist buttons ? Or only the strike buttons because I grabbed a strike one also.
    I stripped a FA from a Colt upper and it wasn't a problem. I think I used a Milspec FA from a pack I bought from RDSC and didn't have a problem. So I think the problem is with Strike.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

  5. #735
    CGN Regular greg olmstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    alberta
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by rimlick View Post
    I literally ordered the F/A the day they were available on the website. Not sure how I could be be quicker. But oh well.
    The people from the first run who ordered uppers are getting their uppers first. The first run was sold out on September 6th. Cant make people who got on board before the frt was even issued wait with a lower in hand and no upper while people with no lower are getting their uppers. And everything goes in sequence.
    Step 1: Buy Guns
    Step 2: Get Wife

  6. #736
    Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Calgary, AB
    Posts
    511
    Quote Originally Posted by greg olmstead View Post
    The people from the first run who ordered uppers are getting their uppers first. The first run was sold out on September 6th. Cant make people who got on board before the frt was even issued wait with a lower in hand and no upper while people with no lower are getting their uppers. And everything goes in sequence.
    Sort of, we're also not shipping out uppers to people in the second run until their lowers are ready UNLESS SPECIFICALLY requested, and even then we're cautioning against it, because we'd like the opportunity to put the two parts together before shipping to provide one last step for quality control to catch anything out of place. Something we learnt from the first run.

  7. #737
    Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    calgary alberta
    Posts
    7,391
    Quote Originally Posted by Leadbeard View Post
    So is this an issue with all forward assist buttons ? Or only the strike buttons because I grabbed a strike one also.
    It appears to be a Strike issue as they are dimension-ally different from the various mil spec and after market F/A's we have tried.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

    Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

    Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

    http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

  8. #738
    Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    calgary alberta
    Posts
    7,391
    Guys please see here for some important info. https://www.canadiangunnutz.com/foru...5#post16039735
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

    Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

    Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

    http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

  9. #739
    Super GunNutz jiffx2781's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Onterrible
    Posts
    3,431
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    It appears to be a Strike issue as they are dimension-ally different from the various mil spec and after market F/A's we have tried.
    Hahaha just my luck I bought 5 of what is so far the only one that is known not to work.

    I'm going to grind a bit off the end of one of mine so it isn't sticking out into the receiver but haven't had a chance yet. When I try one, if it still won't work right do you have any recommendation for an aftermarket FA that HAS been confirmed to work?

    The mil-spec one I installed functions 100% but I was looking to go with something a little nicer for the rest of my builds.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

  10. #740
    CGN Regular Leadbeard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    315
    Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Hahaha just my luck I bought 5 of what is so far the only one that is known not to work.

    I'm going to grind a bit off the end of one of mine so it isn't sticking out into the receiver but haven't had a chance yet. When I try one, if it still won't work right do you have any recommendation for an aftermarket FA that HAS been confirmed to work?

    The mil-spec one I installed functions 100% but I was looking to go with something a little nicer for the rest of my builds.
    I am in the same boat, i want a nice looking FA, if anyone has any strike fa they want to sell for a slight discount I need a couple for some standard uppers.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •