Page 75 of 93 FirstFirst ... 5565676869707172737475767778798081828385 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:38 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Alright, I've made it through the entire first production run, EVERYONE has been contacted for any and all receiver types, slick side, forward assist, doesn't matter.

If you are in the first production run and you have ordered a forward assist upper, check your email. If you don't have an email, now is the time to contact us: info@albertatacticalrifle.com

For those of you in the second and third production runs, we are trying to avoid sending uppers and lowers out separately. By shipping them together, it gives us one last chance to go over them for quality control and make sure everything has a nice tight fit.
    If you are in the second production run and you are adamant about getting your upper and lower shipped separately, you can also contact us at info@albertatacticalrifle.com

Thanks Shaun...my build will probably be done soon as well.

BANNED
    got my new bolt today from brownells. this one opens my dust cover :-)

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    I’ve got a couple handguards in my bin, which is a better fit with the MS upper:
    MRA SLW or Midwest Industries Combat?

Best match to contours, least modifications, etc

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:39 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer PinkyPlinker's Avatar
    That is a nice match. MRA it is - thanks for the feedback!

Not sure if this came up before but there are too many pages to read through. How does one remove the roll pin for the bolt catch? I have a Brownell's flat roll pin punch that I use for AR15's but that doesn't work on the MS.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HK41 View Post
    Not sure if this came up before but there are too many pages to read through. How does one remove the roll pin for the bolt catch? I have a Brownell's flat roll pin punch that I use for AR15's but that doesn't work on the MS.
    Are you trying to completely remove the roll pin or just drive it out enough to change the bolt release?
    Going from the rear with the tool you have should move the pin out enough to be able to remove the bolt release, but it will not go far enough to get the pin out.
    If it is the pin that needs to be completely removed we use a 1/16th pin punch that we have "modified" for the job. Basically bent the last 1/2 ". We also use a piece of brass shim stock to protect the lower from ugliness.
    Needless to say extreme caution when using a pin punch and hammer around a lower is required.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    Are you trying to completely remove the roll pin or just drive it out enough to change the bolt release?
    Going from the rear with the tool you have should move the pin out enough to be able to remove the bolt release, but it will not go far enough to get the pin out.
    If it is the pin that needs to be completely removed we use a 1/16th pin punch that we have "modified" for the job. Basically bent the last 1/2 ". We also use a piece of brass shim stock to protect the lower from ugliness.
    Needless to say extreme caution when using a pin punch and hammer around a lower is required.
    Even with the flat pin punch the angle seems too large to fit into the roll pin hole. I will pick up a sacrificial punch and bend the end. That was my backup plan if there was no easy method. Just need to get the catch out to see why it's so loose and not engaging the spring. Thanks.