Page 77 of 93 FirstFirst ... 5767697071727374757677787980818283848587 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular SuperDeadlyAccountant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DILLIGAF View Post
    SSA-E no questions
    I have both a TT adjustable and Geissele SD-E trigger ... I don't care for the SD-E trigger. I don't see what the big deal with them is, the TT is miles better. I have the SD-E on my 9mm AR because it needs a short reset, but my pride and joy TT will go on the Modern Sporter.
    You need guns to do righteous work, Ajay… for every gun is a bible, for every bullet… a sermon. And he said to them ‘God forth into all the world and proclaim the gospel to the whole of creation.’

Quote Originally Posted by tstormt View Post
    I am using the bcm lpk on one of my lowers. It’s pretty decent budget trigger I have also previously used on my wk180-c.
    Awesome that’s what I was hoping to hear, I was hoping for trigger that would be decent without having to break the bank for a Geissele since this is my first build I don’t have any spare parts laying around so I’m having to buy everything. I don’t get my ms receiver set till April 2020 anyways so maybe buy them I feel a bit more spendy, but for now the BCM LPK is the plan thanks!
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi

BANNED
    One is designed for combat one is designed to shoot paper. Ill stick to the ladder since my MS is my SHTF rifle and the one I train with. It all depends on your intended use.

Super GunNutz
    Could you explain that some more?please?
    I’m more of a fan of the SS trigger as I never really seen the point of a 2 S

CGN Regular
    I love the TriggerTech adjustable, such a great trigger. Has a nice short and light 1st stage and the 2nd stage break is very crisp. They also have the AR Diamond version out now that I'm sure is excellent.
    Now that ATRS has modified their receivers to fit them without modification like I had to they are a great option for the modern sporters.

Can anyone confirm the individual weight in grams of the MS stripped lower and the FA stripped upper?
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by BCreserveMP View Post
    Can anyone confirm the individual weight in grams of the MS stripped lower and the FA stripped upper?
    You'll have to do the conversion to grams but these are what I measured. All stripped weights (no dust cover, forward assist, etc)

Lower - 10.2 oz
    SS upper - 9.5 oz
    FA upper - 9.3 oz

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    You'll have to do the conversion to grams but these are what I measured. All stripped weights (no dust cover, forward assist, etc)

Lower - 10.2 oz
    SS upper - 9.5 oz
    FA upper - 9.3 oz
    Thank you very much!
    "We are not the kind of country where politicians get to tell the police what to do in operational matters" - Trudeau in Munich, February 17 2020...

CF, CCFR, CSSA, NFA, JP, AF&AM

Quote Originally Posted by jiffx2781 View Post
    Ground just enough off the plunger on the Strike FA that it doesn't stay sticking out into the receiver and jam up the bcg anymore. As I pretty much expected, after shortening it, it's now useless because it won't engage the bcg enough to push it forward.

Strike the Strike Industries FA off the list of compatible parts. (so far it's the only part I've bought that won't work with the MS receivers)

On a side note, the FA uppers fit perfectly with the Timney Adaptable
    Strike Industries Strike Forward Assist Update - Working

Jiffx2781, I did the same thing. I bought a couple of Strike FAs for my current builds. When I installed them I had the same results, they ratchet the BCG forward but won't release it rearward. I compared a spare milspec FA to the Strike FA as I thought it might be a difference in either the pawl or plunger. The plungers were almost identical in length but there were subtle differences in the pawl design and outer spring lengths. Since the FA was catching, I thought the cause was either the pawl itself, the pawl range of rotation or the strength of the outer spring (milspec spring was shorter). So on a lark, I took apart a milpsec FA and replaced the pawl and outer spring on the Strike FA. Low and behold it worked (BTW the Pawl Detent and the Pawl Helical Compression Spring are not interchangeable). I tried three different BCGs on both of my modified Strike FA MS uppers and they seem to work. For reference, I tried swapping the outer spring only but had mixed results as it caught my JP SPCS when I was removing the upper receiver and wouldn't let go.

Working. Replaced the Strike pawl (2) and outer spring (not shown) with milspec parts.

Reference. Image linked to AR15.com parts diagrams

(1) Forward Assist Pawl Retaining Pin
    (2) Forward Assist Pawl
    (3) Forward Assist Pawl Detent
    (4) Forward Assist Pawl Helical Compression Spring
    (5) Forward Assist Plunger
    Last edited by anoxia; 07-06-2019 at 10:42 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anoxia View Post
    Strike Industries Strike Forward Assist Update - Working

Jiffx2781, I did the same thing. I bought a couple of Strike FAs for my current builds. When I installed them I had the same results, they ratchet the BCG forward but won't release it rearward. I compared a spare milspec FA to the Strike FA as I thought it might be a difference in either the pawl or plunger. The plungers were almost identical in length but there were subtle differences in the pawl design and outer spring lengths. Since the FA was catching, I thought the cause was either the pawl itself, the pawl range of rotation or the strength of the outer spring (milspec spring was shorter). So on a lark, I took apart a milpsec FA and replaced the pawl and outer spring on the Strike FA. Low and behold it worked (BTW the Pawl Detent and the Pawl Helical Compression Spring are not interchangeable). I tried three different BCGs on both of my modified Strike FA MS uppers and they seem to work. For reference, I tried swapping the outer spring only but had mixed results as it caught my JP SPCS when I was removing the upper receiver and wouldn't let go.

Working. Replaced the Strike pawl (2) and outer spring (not shown) with milspec parts.

Reference. Image linked to AR15.com parts diagrams

(1) Forward Assist Pawl Retaining Pin
    (2) Forward Assist Pawl
    (3) Forward Assist Pawl Detent
    (4) Forward Assist Pawl Helical Compression Spring
    (5) Forward Assist Plunger
    So go with standard Mil-Spec stuff unless you want to mod the strike force industries one
    “I felt a great disturbance in the Force. As if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced.” — Obi-Wan Kenobi