Page 80 of 93 FirstFirst ... 6070727374757677787980818283848586878890 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

CGN Regular
    Just starting to put together my 6.5 Grendel build on my FA upper. The V Seven forward assist also works with no issues on the upper and the JP BCG.

This might have already been noted but if you have a brownells lightweight BCG and the Strike industries ultimate dust cover, the BCG won't open the dust cover.

Quote Originally Posted by XLNC View Post
    Just starting to put together my 6.5 Grendel build on my FA upper. The V Seven forward assist also works with no issues on the upper and the JP BCG.

This might have already been noted but if you have a brownells lightweight BCG and the Strike industries ultimate dust cover, the BCG won't open the dust cover.
    Dang, thats exactly what I bought for my FA upper. Not much of a fan of the standard tin metal one's, anyone know of another dust cover similar to the SI that would work with the brownells lightweight BCG?

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Dang, thats exactly what I bought for my FA upper. Not much of a fan of the standard tin metal one's, anyone know of another dust cover similar to the SI that would work with the brownells lightweight BCG?
    Pretty sure people said they were able to build out the cover a bit with epoxy. And the ball detent is adjustable on the SI cover so you can make it so it just holds closed but only takes the slightest bump to open it.

GunNutz
    I have one on mine using the brownells LW bolt carrier, although it dose not open when cycling the bolt manually it works fine when shooting, I tested it extensively and was not able to cause a failure with the port cover closed

Quote Originally Posted by rberresheim View Post
    I have one on mine using the brownells LW bolt carrier, although it dose not open when cycling the bolt manually it works fine when shooting, I tested it extensively and was not able to cause a failure with the port cover closed
    Excellent, thanks for that. Will also try the epoxy method too if needed.

Irg has PSA bolt carrier groups that are nickel boron coated. That’s what I’m using on my FA upper when it arrives, they’re like $150 and In Canada

Edit: never mind just saw you want a lightweight bcg
    Hitchvault.ca

Hey guys,

I have a .223 Wylde MS being built by the good guys at ATRS. I'm in the 2nd production run and looking forward to getting the monster in the next month or so .

QUESTION is, is an adjustable gas block needed? I just build an AR10 in 6.5CM and the adjustable block was a necessity.

For the MS in .223, should I be swapping out the standard gas block for an adjustable gas block? Or is the standard block satisfactory?

Thanks!

CGN frequent flyer
    Adjustable gas blocks are wholly unecessary.
    f:P

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    Anyone have a picture of their MS with a rifle length gas system and a 13" handguard? I really want to see what it looks like with that gas block sticking out, or if I should get a longer handguard.... Options. options. options...
    I think it would be similar to this one, this is a mk 12, I think it is a 13 inch.

https://www.google.com/search?q=geis...6_7NJOvtmKtUnM

Super GunNutz
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Hey guys,

I have a .223 Wylde MS being built by the good guys at ATRS. I'm in the 2nd production run and looking forward to getting the monster in the next month or so .

QUESTION is, is an adjustable gas block needed? I just build an AR10 in 6.5CM and the adjustable block was a necessity.

For the MS in .223, should I be swapping out the standard gas block for an adjustable gas block? Or is the standard block satisfactory?

Thanks!
    I’ve ran my 20 inch barrel/ rifle length with a non adjustable, zero issues.