Page 83 of 93 FirstFirst ... 63737576777879808182838485868788899091 ... LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

Email sent. Thanks

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Odie89 View Post
    What kind of pin is that? Will that allow you to use the hipefire triggers without modification
    I have not tested that to confirm. As the hyperfire has an excessively large block of steel that sits on the safety, it is possible this could work, but it may also still be too large.

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    I have not tested that to confirm. As the hyperfire has an excessively large block of steel that sits on the safety, it is possible this could work, but it may also still be too large.
    That is a Set of KNS extended pins. And there is ZERO / NONE / NO pins that will work with a hyperfire trigger (24C/Competition/Eclispe) with out modifying the trigger. Due to ATRS moving the rear pin forward a bit, it takes up the SAME space that is required by part of the rear spring support on those triggers. Short of taking a dremel or file to the hyperfire you will not get it to fit.

Me personally I gave up on the idea of putting a hyperfire 24C in my MS, and moved on, bought a different trigger for it. Which is too bad, the 24C was my favorite single stage trigger.

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    That is a Set of KNS extended pins. And there is ZERO / NONE / NO pins that will work with a hyperfire trigger (24C/Competition/Eclispe) with out modifying the trigger. Due to ATRS moving the rear pin forward a bit, it takes up the SAME space that is required by part of the rear spring support on those triggers. Short of taking a dremel or file to the hyperfire you will not get it to fit.

Me personally I gave up on the idea of putting a hyperfire 24C in my MS, and moved on, bought a different trigger for it. Which is too bad, the 24C was my favorite single stage trigger.
    Thanks Milemageman, I was hoping you'd chime in because I'm convinced you have the most experience trying to put a hyperfire into the MS.

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post

Thanks for the response and the info!

Quote Originally Posted by ATRS Shaun View Post
    Thanks Milemageman, I was hoping you'd chime in because I'm convinced you have the most experience trying to put a hyperfire into the MS.
    I should correct myself.

It is not the pin that is in the way of the trigger, but the 'hook' on the upper that interferes with the Hiperfire 24C. You can install the Hiperfire 24C no problem in the lower, you just can't get a upper on. You'd have to modify the upper 'hook' by sliming it down or the rear of the spring support on the Hiperfire trigger or both. You'd need the rear sliding pin mod to have any hope of putting it together after modifying the upper hook and trigger. If it was a $130 Aero upper receiver, I'd have zero problems modifying and possibly destroying a upper in the process. But with a ATRS MS upper being $525 (or $625), huge backlog on getting a upper and the Hiperfire 24C being $330+ it could be a expensive experiment if it doesn't work. I just threw a Geissele National Match (required sliding rear pin mod) in my Hunting MS, a Trigger Tech Diamond in my Bench MS and I'll be putting a Geissele SSA-E in my Colt Canda MRR 'clone' training rifle. There are so many good trigger options out there for a AR style rifles, it's easier to find something else besides a Hiperfire 24C.

Hot damn! My MS is finally in my hands after 11 months of patience and day dreaming!!! I cannot get over the fit and finish. The thing is perfect! I’ll post pics later.

QUESTION.

For mags, will these options work?

http://www.bullseyelondon.com/magpul...o-5-black.html

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Hot damn! My MS is finally in my hands after 11 months of patience and day dreaming!!! I cannot get over the fit and finish. The thing is perfect! I’ll post pics later.

QUESTION.

For mags, will these options work?

I see no issues with those mags, I’ve run a bunch of different mags through my MS and they’ve been flawless.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Good to know! I wasn’t sure if all AR15 mag options worked?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer jiffx2781's Avatar
    Last edited by jiffx2781; 05-18-2020 at 10:40 AM.
    "Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon..... No matter how good you are, the bird is going to s#!t on the board and strut around like it won anyway."