Page 85 of 93 FirstFirst ... 65757778798081828384858687888990919293 LastLast

Thread: Modern Sporter builds Q&A

You'll see when you get the mags. They say something like "LAR-15 pistol magazine. 10rd". It isn't engraved or anything, so don't let it wear out.

It most likely won't be a problem, but you never know.

Is there a list of triggers that will work without modification? There kind of expensive to buy multiple

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastLowbedder View Post
    Is there a list of triggers that will work without modification? There kind of expensive to buy multiple
    I put an AR diamond from trigger tech in mine. There is a big sale on them today for black Friday

Quote Originally Posted by ColinD View Post
    Another good sale for triggers going on right now is at Brownells. All Geissele triggers are on sale. The best value is the BGRF.
    nice! I was hoping to use the Geissele sd3g , I seen someone on here Was having issues with theirs but I know the ssae works and they all look more less the same shape

Hey guys! Question. I bought a 10rd pistol mag at my local gun shop to tide me over until my MFT LAR-15 mags arrive.

Went to the range and the mag was tight. So tight once in, I couldn’t get it out with my bare hands. Had to load singles by hand this morning. When I got home I used a pair of vise grips to yank out the mag.

Fast forward to today, my MFT LAR 15’s are here. Much nicer and fit, but their a little snug too. They won’t drop out when pressing the mag release. I have to pull them out, with a little bit of effort. My rifle was cerekoted by ATRS, is it possible the thin layer of paint is causing the fit? If they even cerekoted up in the mag well?

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by quikcolin View Post
    Hey guys! Question. I bought a 10rd pistol mag at my local gun shop to tide me over until my MFT LAR-15 mags arrive.

Went to the range and the mag was tight. So tight once in, I couldn’t get it out with my bare hands. Had to load singles by hand this morning. When I got home I used a pair of vise grips to yank out the mag.

Fast forward to today, my MFT LAR 15’s are here. Much nicer and fit, but their a little snug too. They won’t drop out when pressing the mag release. I have to pull them out, with a little bit of effort. My rifle was cerekoted by ATRS, is it possible the thin layer of paint is causing the fit? If they even cerekoted up in the mag well?
    CeraKote is only about .001 " to .002" thick so probably not the issue. It IS a product that has a higher friction coefficient than the anodized aluminum substrate is however.
    With a bit of use it will smooth out I expect.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Thanks for the insight . I'll just slide the mags in and out about 5000 times tonight
    Could your mag release be in too far or out of spec? I had a similar issue in an AR so I backed the mag release out a couple of turns.

My LAR 15 mags don't drop free either, and require a decent amount of force to remove. upon closer inspection it looks like they are getting hung up on the upper receiver portion of the mag well. Not a big deal, should loosen up after a few hundred mag changes hopefully.

Hey guys. My MS sets look great but when the upper and lower are put together it makes inserting and dropping mags really difficult. The lower has no issue accepting and releasing mags on its own but when combined with the upper its basically unuseable.

Anything you guys can do ?

Btw its all mags. Pmags, LAR, GI mags ect.

Also what dust covers are you guys using? The strike industries enhanced qd dust cover does not like to stay closed.